Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo/Miami-OH 2/22

UBinMD

Just now, Erie County said:

You'll understand why i post that at some point. Not because the team doesnt score baskets

Maybe I can help bridge the gap here. It would be more interesting if you provided some context, instead of just pointing out obvious negatives that we can all see watching the game or the box. How do our droughts compare to our teams of the past 5 years? How do they compare to peer programs? It just feels like obvious piling on often, with the told-you-so hammer being threatened when we probably end up falling short of where we all hope.

7 minutes ago, MuchMany said:.

This is the thing though, our starters have basically lived up to pre-season expectations. The bench is where we have fallen short in performance, stats, and record. Not news to you or anyone I know, but it should be said.

We aren’t asking for the bench to come in and light it up. If we had that kinda bench we’d be a top 25 team.  Not many teams in the country have benches like that. The bigger issue is Whitesell making wholesale changes. We can’t have 4/5 reserves on the floor at the same time. He has to find a way to change that. 

Keep in mind under Oats bench numbers were skewed bc Perkins came off the bench but was a basically a starter. 

• Like 1

Absolutely cannot stand Beck, this game and the one at Alumni. Just one of those players. He's decent, but he just plays an annoying bull-in-a-chinashop game that I hate watching and gets more success than it deserves (at least against us it seems). Maybe he's the Barnaby/Kaleta type that we'd love having on our side, but yuck. Now that I think of it, we could really use a hardnosed guy like that playing Hardnett's role.

7 minutes ago, Erie County said:

You'll understand why i post that at some point. Not because the team doesnt score baskets

Believe me, I completely understand why you post it. We are on game 25, I’m fully aware that we are streaky and go through stretches where we don’t score. Cool graphic though.

4 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Absolutely cannot stand Beck, this game and the one at Alumni. Just one of those players. He's decent, but he just plays an annoying bull-in-a-chinashop game that I hate watching and gets more success than it deserves (at least against us it seems). Maybe he's the Barnaby/Kaleta type that we'd love having on our side, but yuck. Now that I think of it, we could really use a hardnosed guy like that playing Hardnett's role.

He looks a lot like Sam Bowie, does not have his game however.

11 minutes ago, Erie County said:

I give context a lot, especially when it comes to recruiting.

Re Bench: The bench is bad for a reason. The context behind the horizontal line really isn't complicated. Whitesell makes huge all at once changes for big stretches. The other teams take advantage of those stretches. I'll put together some data to show these lines are similar to what we saw during Reggie, and less often during the 4 in 5 runs. 

The i told you so hammer is hit harder on the other side. I dont make every comment about other posters, i make it about what I see. 

The "is that coach fired too", "is he walking home", "how about the horizontal line now" is constant dunking on the other side. 

BTW, Hardnett is rough. How did he get signed to Cincinatti? 

He is a typical cincy player especially when Mick Cronin was there