Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB/NIU - Part I

UBinMD

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

F Kenpom, need to hit them period.

4 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Need the free throws for Kenpom

NIU did all they could to try and help us get to 80 with the ridiculous fouls in the final 0:30 down 12. Gotta be more consistent at the line. Other than that, gritty win on an ugly court against a scrappy team. Do it all again in 2 days

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Erie County said:

The line in the sand is the 3 as many have said. 1, 2, 3 dont really matter much, except the NIT birth. 

Had they not lost to Miami or Akron in such bad fashion earlier this year, they would be playing for the 1 here down the stretch

And none of us know all of the goings-on of the team during that time, with the illness, cancellations, changed games, etc. It was a cluster for a 6 week period. The team is healthy and playing as we hoped, at the biggest time of the year. They've been enjoyable to watch.

Edited by skrabukes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

And none of us know all of the goings-on of the team during that time, with the illness, cancellations, changed games, etc. If was a cluster for a 6 week period. The team is healthy and playing as we hoped, at the biggest time of the year. They've been enjoyable to watch.

3 minutes ago, Erie County said:

35-16* - They are 2-2 in the MAC tournament. With Oats recruits running out in 2 weeks. Let's not gloat at this juncture. 

Wasn't one of you advised to block the other - I think you both secretly enjoy the back and forth. :)

13 minutes ago, Erie County said:

35-16* - They are 2-2 in the MAC tournament. With Oats recruits running out in 2 weeks. Let's not gloat at this juncture. 

Gloating is not the goal, however I'm pleased by the product on the floor, and have been for a long time. They, along with the women's team have been entertaining game over game, season-long for 10 years (and longer than that, with lessened quality of play at times).

As far as "Oats recruits", there are only 2 on the team that play minutes. Yes, 2 top end ones, but only 3 out of the whole squad. (My bad 4, forgot Fagan as well)

Edited by skrabukes
  • Like 2

Just now, DocCas86 said:

Wasn't one of you advised to block the other - I think you both secretly enjoy the back and forth. 🙂

I'm happy to debate UB bball with anyone. No reason to block anyone as long as they're not being disrespectful. Negative is one thing, but people can see things in the manner they choose. I just choose to see 70%+ win % in MAC over 3 years. How many other teams have that, and can match UBs last 10 years in MAC play, men or women?

Who's ready for UB-Niu 2? Only two chances left to watch these guys at home again. 4 x 1000 point scorers on one squad is something different and special. Hopefully a decent crowd and another win to add to the streak. As evidenced by last night, UB is the better squad and just needs to keep the hot shooting down in order to come out on top. A rare home and home and 3rd game of the week. Can't wait to be there!

• Like 4