Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfer Portal

bulls2684

9 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Pass. I can understand a grad transfer, maybe, but otherwise GFY. If you’re in the portal you’re not part of my TEAM. ✌️

Got himself hurt. so he will now be a cautionary tale for future portal players to never play a bowl game again 🙄

Maybe he can go to Wake Forest up the street since their QB is heading to Notre Dame 🤮

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Got himself hurt. so he will now be a cautionary tale for future portal players to never play a bowl game again 🙄

Maybe he can go to Wake Forest up the street since their QB is heading to Notre Dame 🤮

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35332220/coastal-carolina-qb-mccall-transfer-portal-injured-bowl

All that matters is UB Bulls are Camellia Bowl champions. Forget transfer portal, forget about Maurice Linquist might leave eventually. My main concern with UB football is if UB didn’t bowl this season again it would bring potential disaster for UB football. In today’s transfer portal environment even in the MAC you can’t be a losing football team. If the UB Bulls football team hypothetically had another losing football team again with transfer portals it would be a potential disaster. UB football like in the 2000’s players see that and the other MAC schools use that against UB when recruiting. Some of us remember those dark days you don’t want UB football to ever go back to that regardless of the who the coach is or who is transferring.

UB football needs to keep the winning train going because most players don’t like 1-11 or 2-10 football teams regardless of a few misguide people that think that isn’t so bad it is worse today because of the transfer portal. It’s bad and it is hard to climb out of that losing hole even harder today with the transfer portal. Trust me I have seen the UB football team at rock bottom and it didn’t feel good going 0-11 sure someone will come to UB but it was players and coaches that couldn’t chew bubble gum and catch a football at the same time. UB football needs to always bowl it is very important with .500 record gets you to a bowl today.

Look at Kent State football there football program is a mess a head coach resigns to become a offensive coordinator for Deion Sanders Colorado Buffaloes that is what I am talking about. I want to be the first to predict Kent State football will be in last in the MAC East in 2023. UB Bulls doesn’t want any part of that especially in Buffalo. UB football would never live that down what happened at Kent State some people in Buffalo would calling to shut the football program down. Winning is very important especially at UB. My posts are never personal most of the coaches and players I sure are good people but sports it is winning and losing there is no door number 3 like the game show “Let’s Make a Deal “.

I try to post the reality of situations we need to win I don’t know any of these people personally at UB at all. I am just a Buffalo sports fan that saw a 17 year playoff drought for the Buffalo Bills and am currently watching a Buffalo Sabres team that currently has a 11 year playoffs drought. When you lose there are consequences for that players and coaches don’t want to come for a loser. Sure we got players and coaches for those Bills and Sabres teams the wrong coaches Dick Juron, Rex Ryan. Doug Marrone resigned on his own after one season wanting out that is what losing did for the Buffalo Bills during the 17 year drought. The Buffalo Sabres tried to trade for a back up goalie Matt Murray this offseason. Matt Murray had no trade to Buffalo Sabres clauses coming from Ottawa Senators for crying out loud. Matt Murray that bum he refused to come here canceling a trade this offseason. So losing isn’t good for a long periods of time. I am thrilled UB football avoided this. UB football will get enough quality players to bowl again next season after winning a bowl yesterday so I am very happy and trilled UB football are bowl champions again avoiding potential disaster if UB didn’t bowl this season. Now UB builds the performance center and look forward to next season in 2023 in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I almost shed a tear for Nick Saban after reading this article. If he's bitching about it, may be we are all on to something here! 🤣

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/saban-transferring-alabama-players-denied-chance-to-play-in-sugar-bowl

The only schools that will be safe from entering the trasfer portal or sitting out bowl games are the schools in the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

The only schools that will be safe from entering the trasfer portal or sitting out bowl games are the schools in the playoffs.

I guess that will move to 12 teams as of next year. Then once someone loses the portal gets 10-15 guys per team 🙂

On 12/28/2022 at 8:00 AM, UBinMD said:

Why is he leaving Coastal Carolina? i thought he was a legend there.  

Im ok with the portal guys opting out of Bowl games or if you’re someone like Bijan Robinson who is a sure fire 1st round pick and not in the CFB playoffs.  But some of these players, like the UB guys who opted out to “prepare for the NFL draft” rubs me the wrong way.  They will be lucky to play any pro football and they must not love the game that much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Im ok with the portal guys opting out of Bowl games or if you’re someone like Bijan Robinson who is a sure fire 1st round pick and not in the CFB playoffs.  But some of these players, like the UB guys who opted out to “prepare for the NFL draft” rubs me the wrong way.  They will be lucky to play any pro football and they must not love the game that much.

He’s a 3x conference player of the year I think. I’m guessing a little birdie told he can do better and “increase his stock” somewhere else. Not sure how many P5 programs will be clambering for a 1 year rental, but I could be wrong. He hasn’t “closed the door” on returning either. I’m just not a fan of this entire system.

18 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Several, like Muse, were injured and didn’t want to risk further injury. But yeah, imagine the NFL had free agency and coaching changes prior to the post-season. Pretty stupid. 

16 hours ago, UBinMD said:

He’s a 3x conference player of the year I think. I’m guessing a little birdie told he can do better and “increase his stock” somewhere else. Not sure how many P5 programs will be clambering for a 1 year rental, but I could be wrong. He hasn’t “closed the door” on returning either. I’m just not a fan of this entire system.

May be not increase his stock, but fatten his wallet through better NIL opportunities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

May be not increase his stock, but fatten his wallet through better NIL opportunities.

I hope they do a study in 5 years or so about what the ACTUAL NIL impact is. I hear a lot about it, but how much are these kids actually bringing in. Lots of promises are made, like Saban telling 5 different 5 stars that they are guaranteed to start at the same position. If kids are making money, great. If it’s just another way to lure kids without actual payout then Boo!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Don’t see him in the NFL, but best of luck to him. Interesting he didn’t mention Buffalo. Coach Mo et al must have really rubbed him wrong. 

image.thumb.png.cbc1d93b016c64d5edb6ee32a5ab27c4.png

Based on post game I do not believe that Coach Mo rubbed him the wrong way.  The two met, along with a number of other players, after the bowl game.  It was clearly personal and I will leave it at that.

Also unless both 2017 and 2018 do not count as years played, he is out of eligibility.  He has already played in six seasons.

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Jackson Paradis - freshman RB is now in the transfer portal. The RB room got full quick, can’t blame him.

Jason McCarthy - RS freshman LB is also in the portal. Doesn’t look like he saw the field at all. Not sure he was even on the 2022 roster.

Was kind of expecting Paradis, with all the injuries he did not get a look. 

On 12/28/2022 at 3:05 PM, DaBulls99 said:

You drastically overrate what one exhibition game means. It’s nice to win, but we were 4-8 last year with no bowl game and had the best class in the MAC when all was said and done. But uninformed takes are your thing. 

And thank you for sharing your opinion. We can agree to disagree. I don’t think I am uninformed. I am old 55 years old and don’t have a preconceived notion towards sports like many today growing up with ESPN parroting in one’s ear what is and isn’t important sports wise today. I am old school and more independent as a sports fan. That is why I said if UB ever left Division I sports for whatever reason it would be foolish because UB would become irrelevant again in many peoples minds in Western New York like they were in the 1970’s when UB foolishly dropped UB football and basketball. I never heard or thought of UB until 1980’s. Even there belief time in Division I basketball at Clark Hall. What? Clark Hall what? If you didn’t play some of your games at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium or Niagara Falls Convention Center you were irrelevant in Western New York circles for most people. Even the Bonnies at Reilly Center played at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.

Think about that UB was as irrelevant as Buffalo State to most in Buffalo in the 1970’s it was a school it could of been Riverside High School or a doctors office or a supermarket to shop at that’s what UB relevancy was too many in Buffalo at that time. UB was just a very ugly looking buildings along the highway passing through Amherst to visit relatives in Buffalo or to get downtown. What is that dad? That is UB. What is UB? A school ok dad. We will be to Buffalo Memorial Auditorium in 10 minutes hopefully we can find free parking. Ok dad. That is telling it like it was back then UB was irrelevant. Ok I know who Canisius, St Bonaventure and Niagara were they played Little Three basketball at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium.

So I disagree UB Bulls winning bowls isn’t a big deal it keeps UB the school relevant in Western New York sports circles it is a very big deal no one likes a loser even in Buffalo. If UB hypothetically dropped all Division I sports tomorrow UB would be first trashed online by people for being either shortsighted or trashed for even trying Division I sports to begin with then just completely ignored by Western New York again what is that dad. That is UB? What is UB dad? A school we will be to Key Bank Center in 10 minutes for the Buffalo Bandits game hopefully we can find parking $15 or under? Ok dad. UB winning sports matters regardless of the nonsense fantasy thoughts within the UB Ivy Towers of higher education learning at UB. UB when they were just in the education business so to speak that some professors hang onto UB was irrelevant they were a tiny school look at 1970’s UB student numbers that attended UB than today with Division I athletics I rest my case. I personally crossed UB to even apply of my list of schools when I saw Division 3 sports loser ville school no interest to even find out or even cared. I applied to UCLA instead and was accepted a real school.

Remember UCLA Bruins basketball were a power house sports winning matters. If I didn’t have to wait until January to start school. I would have gone to UCLA and I wouldn’t be having this conversation because I would have most likely have lived in Los Angeles or somewhere in Southern California and not thought about UB what so ever because during my childhood UB was irrelevant. UB would go back irrelevancy again with low student numbers attending UB if they go back to Division 3 in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up