Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfer Portal

bulls2684

9 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Borland committed to Western Kentucky. Not sure that’s much of a step up since WKU almost got absorbed into the MAC. I guess he just didn’t want to be at Buffalo anymore.

Why is everything a reflection of the program? He was a 3rd stringer I believe. Maybe he was offered more playing time and it had nothing to do with the coach, the university, the city, the MAC, etc? I wish him well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sportsfan said:

Or that the coaches want to transition to a TE that can stretch the field and is 6'5.

Certainly a possibility. Very few teams have just 1 type of TE. Usually the field stretchers aren’t the best blockers and sometimes you just need a possession buy. We ran quite a few multiple TE sets. In any case I wish him well and hopefully we are still strong at that position. It’s a UB tradition 😀 Speaking of which I thought Mangas had a really good final season with us. He played well.

Brian Plummer is now in the portal too. Hopefully Synder doesn't get dinged up. We may need one of our WRs to play QB. I believe it's down to him and True Freshman Mike DePillo. I know we have at least 1 QB recruit coming in, but this is getting silly a week from the Bowl.

1 minute ago, DaBulls99 said:

Disagree. Snyder is a very serviceable MAC QB. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Not a superstar, but not the worst. And it could be a lot worse. Certainly could recruit over him as well. 

Next year is his senior year. Would expect improvement over the spring/summer to get more familiar with the system. Will have some new WR, but similar RB room excluding Cook, new TEs and hopefully an OL upgrade. Recruit for his replacement after graduation. If one of them isn't ready, hit the portal. I think he will do just fine next year.

17 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Disagree. Snyder is a very serviceable MAC QB. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Not a superstar, but not the worst. And it could be a lot worse. Certainly could recruit over him as well. 

Disagree QB Cole Snyder isn’t a very good QB. UB Bulls can do a lot better. You can have all the leadership qualities in the world and if don’t have the genetics athleticism you have nothing today in college football. To win in college football today you need a good QB and a good offensive line and UB Bulls presently have neither one. We aren’t winning a MAC championship with QB Cole Snyder I was never impressed and I am still now not impressed that is why so many UB QB’s are leaving it is bull that Coke Snyder never got pulled for a prolong period of time like other MAC programs. If Cole Snyder was Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen genetically that is one thing but UB Bulls QB Cole Snyder isn’t. Cole Snyder is a 6-6 mediocre QB that you can find at good FCS programs because that is where Cole Snyder belongs. At a FCS program Cole Snyder can play but at FBS UB Cole Snyder is too one dimensional for FBS UB. UB Bulls can do a lot better in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Looks like Gassett was tired of the cold and snow, back home to Florida. He was a fun player, but I'm confident that we can fill his role. Particularly excited to see what Canisius product Nik McMillan can do.

They were 9-2 this year and now he doesn't have to deal with Prime Time in conference! Wish him the best. Would have been a good asset to have for the upcoming year but not irreplaceable. I honestly expected him to move up in competition level, but maybe this is a better fit for him. Best of luck!

32 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

So am I, but what a strange case… listed on the 2deep for all 12 games, and yet hasn’t actually gotten in yet. 

Right. We maybe had an overabundance of WRs this year if that's possible, especially considering our style of offense and QB.

For some reason I thought Curry was done after this year, but he'll have the chance to step into Marshall's role.

Would McMillan be able to use a redshirt for this season then? He and Tre Hines, with Curry, Marlyn, and Harrity could be solid. 

6 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Right. We maybe had an overabundance of WRs this year if that's possible, especially considering our style of offense and QB.

For some reason I thought Curry was done after this year, but he'll have the chance to step into Marshall's role.

Would McMillan be able to use a redshirt for this season then? He and Tre Hines, with Curry, Marlyn, and Harrity could be solid. 

He should if he didn't play in more than 4 games (I think that's the threshold now). Should be a good rotation I think.

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

Correct. Also the NCAA announced the bowl game won’t count as a game towards the 4. So maybe a few snaps next week. 

That would be cool. I think besides Gassett we still have our fully array of WR. I see Cook was not on the 2-deep is he still hurt or is he prepping for life after UB?

Didn’t know where to put this post but shout out to the best Bull ever on another Pro Bowl.

Speaking of the portal and NIL, can you imagine if Khalil Mack played here now? maybe he’d last a season or two before getting a bag of NIL money and lured to the SEC or Big10.  We were fortunate he played at UB for 4 seasons. 

• Like 6

Watching Coastal Carolina vs ECU game on ESPN, announcers pointed out that Coastal has 2 players who are in the transfer portal but opted to play in the bowl game, including QB Grayson McCall.  Honestly didn’t know that was an option.  Every player has their own reasons to play or not, but I give these guys credit for at least finishing the season out with their current team. Maybe that will become more of the norm with the portal 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Watching Coastal Carolina vs ECU game on ESPN, announcers pointed out that Coastal has 2 players who are in the transfer portal but opted to play in the bowl game, including QB Grayson McCall.  Honestly didn’t know that was an option.  Every player has their own reasons to play or not, but I give these guys credit for at least finishing the season out with their current team. Maybe that will become more of the norm with the portal 

Pass. I can understand a grad transfer, maybe, but otherwise GFY. If you’re in the portal you’re not part of my TEAM. ✌️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

I've seen that a few times this Bowl season.  I think there are a couple guys on Wisconsin and Michigan too.  They gave the big farewell and thank you post on Twitter, and said their final game would be the Bowl game.  It's more the exception though.