Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfer Portal

bulls2684

3 hours ago, zigo230 said:

How many more until the program can’t really field a team for Montgomery?  

This is an interesting question.   

If the coach does leave, I’d expect our PFR (portal flow rate) to double.  That may cause us to seriously think about cancelling.  

But I can’t see a scenario where UB doesn’t play this bowl game if Mo is still coach.   We have a depth chart.  

The betting line may move, though!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Just lost our Center Jack Hasz. Didn't realize he had 2 more years remaining. Something is smelling very bad at UB. These youngers must think Mo is going to be on the move and are the first ones out of the pool. This is very disheartening for our upcoming Bowl Game. I guess KVT will get the last laugh if this mutiny continues.

He picked up an offer from Bowling Green, this is just silly 

8 hours ago, ukbro00 said:

Even the guys that left last year. None of them ended up in a better situation. They either dropped down and played more (no superstars) or moved up and basically sat on the bench.

I think a percentage of the transfer portal is "dippers" that are just exploring if there is someone that will be interested.  There could be many reasons, location, NLI, playing time, P5 bright lights, etc.  The coaches in college football are worse than the players (as a %) in regards to transferring.  BTW, I think it is very logical for a player that has received their degree to explore/transfer.  

I think the mindset of many players is that they went to college and picked "football" as their major.

Edited by Sportsfan

The opposite of jumping in the portal,, how about the UTSA QB coming back for his 7th season?  Frank Harris started there in 2017.  They were able to pool enough donations from fans and businesses in San Antonio to give him NIL compensation in the six figures. So now the program keeps their solid QB for the start in the AAC conference.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

The opposite of jumping in the portal,, how about the UTSA QB coming back for his 7th season?  Frank Harris started there in 2017.  They were able to pool enough donations from fans and businesses in San Antonio to give him NIL compensation in the six figures. So now the program keeps their solid QB for the start in the AAC conference.

They found a good one, that's a rare breed. Good for them and good for the town! I'm not sure the UB fanbase would be able to pull together enough for a few Duff's gift cards for a franchise QB 🤣

On 12/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, UBinMD said:

I just looked at the Roster on UB's website, Borland, Case and Myers are removed. Claude, Martin and Gassett are still on there. Also, there was a new addition LB Janik Ogunlade and his name is not on the roster any more either. Just a weird situation on how this all works. I guess we will see who takes the field on 12/27.

I'm not surprised at all that these kids want out after playing for this coach. 9 players in the portal and counting. Like I said before tell the coach to tell you the truth and why kids are being removed from the roster.

57 minutes ago, SIP said:

Like I said before tell the coach to tell you the truth and why kids are being removed from the roster.

Since you seem to know more than us would you like to spill the beans?

Alabama has a bunch of guys in the portal as well. I'm not surprised at all that those kids want out after playing for that coach.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rma said:

Since you seem to know more than us would you like to spill the beans?

Alabama has a bunch of guys in the portal as well. I'm not surprised at all that those kids want out after playing for that coach.

Alabama currently has 14 in the portal. Saban sucks.😂

6'2 200lb WR from Columbus, Mississippi.

Stats from JUCO Jones College 2022 - 31 receptions, 248 yards, 2 TD

Career 63/702/5 with 11.1 Average Yards/Catch

HS Senior Season - 1,100 all-purpose yards, 7 TD, 6th in his class and ran a 4.5/40 yard

Good size, will see how he fits in. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

One of our mercenaries is now gone before the bowl. Keyshawn Cobb Jr is in the portal. Brutal timing. There is something going on in the program, not sure what exactly.

Must be something going on with literally every program in the country. On a team of >120 guys, there are gonna be plenty of egos, handlers, etc. 

10 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Must be something going on with literally every program in the country. On a team of >120 guys, there are gonna be plenty of egos, handlers, etc. 

Just extraordinarily disappointing these guys can't wait until the season actually over (Final Game) but that's because I'm old and don't understand this new fangled generation and their attitudes. 🤣

• Like 1