Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cameilla Bowl 2022

BrooklynBull

1 minute ago, BrooklynBull said:

Flights booked.  In and out of Atlanta.  After hearing how short the drive is, it is easier to drive from Atlanta, especially to get a flight home on Wednesday morning to go to work.

Hopefully there will be a team and coach left for you to watch when you get there!

2 hours ago, Steve86 said:

You certainly are a ray of sunshine

Just frustrated with players hitting the portal before the season is actually over and already hearing about our HC potentially being poached with the possibility of UB starting over once again.

Although I don't like Deion Sanders, I do appreciate him actually verbalizing the dirty little secrets that the NCAA doesn't want to say out loud.

I find it to be very disheartening overall, but I will still watch and root for them on 12/27.

22 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

Coaches leaving before bowl games, happens. Not sure Mo will but possible obviously.

As for the players that already entered the portal. Good riddance. Not a huge impact on the game at all in my opinion unless 6 more starters enter tomorrow...

Maurice Linquist isn’t anymore important than the UB Bulls players he can be replaced with Louis. Maurice Linquist is a below 500 coach he won’t be missed in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 12/5/2022 at 11:48 AM, BrooklynBull said:

Flights booked.  In and out of Atlanta.  After hearing how short the drive is, it is easier to drive from Atlanta, especially to get a flight home on Wednesday morning to go to work.

Spoke with my brother last night and he told me he's going on the 27th, driving from Atlanta its only 2.5 hours for the noon game!

Early projection has us as 3.5 point underdogs, total points 67.5, which would have both teams over 30 in theory. That's certainly plausible in nicer weather. Hopefully Cook and Washington will be back. The Embry catch was nice against Akron, maybe he gets some more touches with Borlan's departure. Hopefully Q and Marshall want to end their careers on high notes and Snyder can get them the ball in stride a few times. It would be nice to get this win. 

This bowl game should be like professional wrestling loser leaves town type of thing. If Maurice Linquist loses to QB Kyle Vantrease he should admit he failed as a coach and let his ego get in the way of championships. And say Kyle Vantrease was smarter than my whole staff if UB losses. I don’t want to hear it win or resign that would be my choice of words if I was UB AD. I know UB can’t but I wish UB could stop the checks that whole Maurice Linquist coaching staff are useless so is Jim Whitesell and his coaching staff who embarrassed themselves today in Atlanta against Tulane. I watched a real coach Nate Oats today it is amateur hour with UB athletics today just a bunch of bums in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

8 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

This bowl game should be like professional wrestling loser leaves town type of thing. If Maurice Linquist loses to QB Kyle Vantrease he should admit he failed as a coach and let his ego get in the way of championships. And say Kyle Vantrease was smarter than my whole staff if UB losses. I don’t want to hear it win or resign that would be my choice of words if I was UB AD. I know UB can’t but I wish UB could stop the checks that whole Maurice Linquist coaching staff are useless so is Jim Whitesell and his coaching staff who embarrassed themselves today in Atlanta against Tulane. I watched a real coach Nate Oats today it is amateur hour with UB athletics today just a bunch of bums in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

It seems you are getting no joy from watching UB sports Root for Alabama football they lose once or twice a year that might make you happy.  UB is like 99% of the other teams in college sports.  Our football coach was hired in the week and a half before last season started, He is learning on the job give him a break Can you name another UB football coach that made a bowl game in his 2nd year. (You cannot) Our basketball program is playing fun basketball this year.  Oats was great we cannot have coaches like that every time.  We are a mid-major EVERY school goes through the same thing.  If you want to donate millions of dollars to UB sports, you can have a say in who coaches.  If you get no joy from something more on

• Like 7

4 hours ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

It seems you are getting no joy from watching UB sports Root for Alabama football they lose once or twice a year that might make you happy.  UB is like 99% of the other teams in college sports.  Our football coach was hired in the week and a half before last season started, He is learning on the job give him a break Can you name another UB football coach that made a bowl game in his 2nd year. (You cannot) Our basketball program is playing fun basketball this year.  Oats was great we cannot have coaches like that every time.  We are a mid-major EVERY school goes through the same thing.  If you want to donate millions of dollars to UB sports, you can have a say in who coaches.  If you get no joy from something more on

Here is my holiday gift to all.  

There is a block user button in your account where you can “ignore” user posts.  I know it may be easy to just “read past” a post,  but we are human.  If you never see it, you never have to engage.  

Life is too short.  I enjoy learning from this board and taking perspectives (whether or not supported with a lot of data) that differ from my own and consider them.  But broken records?  Axes to grind?   Singular messages?  Not interested.  

I bleed blue and I won’t allow individual posters (or anyone, really) to detract from that.  UB is my only college team.  I wear all of my gear with pride, I follow them all the time and, even if I bailed on a certain coach for MBB, I will always want the team to win (even down 30 points in Atlanta yesterday).  

I will make sure I am front and center watching the game versus Georgia So.  

Go Bulls.  

PS:  they have some of that “wooly bully” gear at the bookstore on line for anyone that wanted, but missed out.  My dad is supposed to send me a picture of himself wearing that shirt watching the Bills today.   Close enough.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Here is my holiday gift to all.  

There is a block user button in your account where you can “ignore” user posts.  I know it may be easy to just “read past” a post,  but we are human.  If you never see it, you never have to engage.  

Life is too short.  I enjoy learning from this board and taking perspectives (whether or not supported with a lot of data) that differ from my own and consider them.  But broken records?  Axes to grind?   Singular messages?  Not interested.  

I bleed blue and I won’t allow individual posters (or anyone, really) to detract from that.  UB is my only college team.  I wear all of my gear with pride, I follow them all the time and, even if I bailed on a certain coach for MBB, I will always want the team to win (even down 30 points in Atlanta yesterday).  

I will make sure I am front and center watching the game versus Georgia So.  

Go Bulls.  

PS:  they have some of that “wooly bully” gear at the bookstore on line for anyone that wanted, but missed out.  My dad is supposed to send me a picture of himself wearing that shirt watching the Bills today.   Close enough.  

Thanks for the advice I will take it.  Now I have Xmas gifts for the family Go Bulls

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Everyone hates him like they did Kotelnicki and is the cause of all our woes, so we may as well get a new one. Wish him well if he goes.

Montgomery > field > Kotelnicki "in my opinion"

This year Kotelnicki ran a very much above average offense. We'll see if he can continue it. I'm not very confident.

Edited by rma

Looking forward to seeing UB on my TV screen Dec. 27th, but these random Bowl games are becoming more of a joke every year.  

This is the time period when so many players are jockeying to upgrade their situations (or I should say Hoping to upgrade).  So they have to get their names in the portal quickly to be in on the musical chairs game.  If they're not going to the Portal, the players with NFL aspirations are sitting out.

Also,  as seen in the post above,  Head coaches and Staff are moving on, or being hired/fired at many programs.