Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cameilla Bowl 2022

BrooklynBull

Georgia Southern may not have a running back coach as he defects to the Bulls, USF, that is  From footabllscoop.com:

USF: Matt Merritt, who previously worked with Alex Golesh as a senior analyst at Tennessee during the 2021 season before leaving to become the running backs coach at Georgia Southern, has accepted the running backs / associate head coach / run game coordinator job with the Bulls, Pete Thamel tweets.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2-deep is...well making the best of it. Offense basically the same except Nick Hartnett starting at Center. Cook still out, Snyder's game with only DePillo behind him.

DL no issues except no Kante at DE, McNair starting for Cobb at Nickle. DB's no depth with future potential playmakers Cuffey and Devin Grant with their first starts. So they have to become current playmakers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

The 2-deep is...well making the best of it. Offense basically the same except Nick Hartnett starting at Center. Cook still out, Snyder's game with only DePillo behind him.

DL no issues except no Kante at DE, McNair starting for Cobb at Nickle. DB's no depth with future potential playmakers Cuffey and Devin Grant with their first starts. So they have to become current playmakers.

Hopefully the players that are there make the best of the situation and grab the opportunity. Apparently defections now happen everywhere so I just have to get over it. I’ll root for the guys that felt this game was important.

7 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Another good DB is out.  Gonna be a rough one.  Maybe these guys don’t want to be exposed by Vantrease.

They are all going to the NFL so I guess we will see! Hopefully the young guys have learned a lot and let’s hope our DL can make KVT uncomfortable or else he may put up 700 yards based on his performances this year 

8 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Another good DB is out.  Gonna be a rough one.  Maybe these guys don’t want to be exposed by Vantrease.

Three days before the bowl game...zero chance of being drafted in the NFL. I just don't understand this phenomenon. If anyone ever sees a long-read that delves into whatever it is that's happening in CFB for this to be normal behavior, please share.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you're all safe and with loved ones. Only seen it this bad once in my life around Elmwood. 

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Three days before the bowl game...zero chance of being drafted in the NFL. I just don't understand this phenomenon. If anyone ever sees a long-read that delves into whatever it is that's happening in CFB for this to be normal behavior, please share.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you're all safe and with loved ones. Only seen it this bad once in my life around Elmwood. 

Unfortunately this is one consequence of the portal that may not have been considered but not sure why people didn’t think it would happen. NCAAF is finally embracing what it really is, the NFL minor league. There is very little loyalty to the school, it’s just a team for 8-10 months and then everyone decides do I stay or do I leave. Very few players care about the school, there are a few exceptions, but it will become less and less. Regardless of your actual skill someone will always tell you there is a better place for you. Tampering is rampant and unstoppable, really no possible way to police it. This applies to coaches too.

All we can do is root for UB in whatever form takes the field each year. If someone over-performs we should expect them to leave. Even being a starter means nothing, just one foot closer to the door.

I’ll root hard on Tuesday and hope our school brings back to the trophy, that’s all any of us can do. Go Bulls!! And Merry Christmas to all!🎁🎄

15 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Forever a Bull. Has to be more to this story. If not, then as far into bizarro land that I thought we were in, we are in much deeper of it than I could've imagined.

19 hours ago, zigo230 said:

I don’t think that is why I think the risk of injury that affects them being able to work out for NFL teams is most likely the reason why but that is just a guess in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

55 minutes ago, clodney said:

This game is getting ugly. Our already porous secondary has been decimated by kids making poor decisions and we're taking on the 4th best passing offense in the country headed by our former starting QB. I'm not liking our chances.

Let's hope that the players that remain really want to be there and have worked hard to get ready for this. Time will tell.