Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB 8 Buffalo vs. 1 Toledo

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Two bad calls at the end, both fouls on Toledo. Her hand was literally wrapped around Stone's wrist. They played their hearts out. I wished for a better shot at the end of regulation, but she came up just short. The future is bright for BB and crew even with the big turnover coming this year. She can coach and maximize her players ability. Ogden was cold blooded shooting 3s today.

Next year should be interesting, full control of an entire D1 roster instead of selecting from D2. I’m excited to see what she can do, she’s so intense and I can see her just relishing the opportunity she has here.

16 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Next year should be interesting, full control of an entire D1 roster instead of selecting from D2. I’m excited to see what she can do, she’s so intense and I can see her just relishing the opportunity she has here.

I do too. I've been following some of her recruits, most notable Timberlynn Yeast, Jakayla Thompson and Paige Kohler. Some of the others as well. Yeast and Thompson are vying for Miss Kentucky BB, which is pretty amazing for 2 recruits coming to the same place. Paige Kohler is a leader, true point guard and can put the ball in the hole. She is one of those players that wants the ball at the end. Piece that with Mashaire with a year under her belt and if Ogden can shoot like that for a season this team will be extremely dangerous in the MAC. We also have another Canadian import and a young lady from Spain that I don't know much about. Maddie Heiss is a high level 3-point shooter out of Texas. I saw a commit recently from Chaneese Craig, who is a 6'2 big body inside JUCO presence that should help. Especially if Johnson comes back. The future is bright and I think BB will make a bid mark at UB before she is done.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I do too. I've been following some of her recruits, most notable Timberlynn Yeast, Jakayla Thompson and Paige Kohler. Some of the others as well. Yeast and Thompson are vying for Miss Kentucky BB, which is pretty amazing for 2 recruits coming to the same place. Paige Kohler is a leader, true point guard and can put the ball in the hole. She is one of those players that wants the ball at the end. Piece that with Mashaire with a year under her belt and if Ogden can shoot like that for a season this team will be extremely dangerous in the MAC. We also have another Canadian import and a young lady from Spain that I don't know much about. Maddie Heiss is a high level 3-point shooter out of Texas. I saw a commit recently from Chaneese Craig, who is a 6'2 big body inside JUCO presence that should help. Especially if Johnson comes back. The future is bright and I think BB will make a bid mark at UB before she is done.

Do agree. Some of the recruits do look promising and Ogden definitely improved as she got more playing time. Will be interesting to see how Coach Burke can change both her offensive and defensive mindset with all these new players. Congrats to this team that have played a roller coaster season and never gave up. I did not think they could stay with Toledo who was on a big time roll. Will look forward to getting more information on this incoming team and see if they can become one of the top teams next year. Go Bulls!!

3 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

Neither have I there back to being irrelevant just another women’s Big 4 basketball program playing out the games yearly on the UB Bulls women’s basketball schedule. Let me know when Becky Burke either figures it out or is fired. But no I am not wasting my time watching another mediocre Western New York basketball program. I already have four men’s basketball programs that are mediocre and irrelevant this season. Last game of the Big 4 basketball season tomorrow with UB Bulls loss to the Akron Zips. BSF the UB Bulls men haven’t played yet? No chance against the Akron Zips tomorrow we mind as will forfeit this game and all of next season as long as Jim Whitesell is the head UB Bulls basketball coach we have no chance at NCAA’s tournament championship bid in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

If you have not watched them then you have no idea what you are talking about.  This team has six players who play because of injuries and people leaving the team.  Today was basically their fourth straight tournament game.  The last three games of the season, including a road game at the then first place Bowling Green, were win or no trip to Cleveland.  They won all three and played their guts out today.

As other have said there was one returning player as well as a number of one and done former Division II players.  Of the Division II players one was second team All MAC the other was the leading rebounding guard in the nation and a double-double performer.

Oh and in case you missed the women have not been a team playing out their schedule.  They went to the tournament last year and have won a total of four games in the NCAA tournament, including a trip to the Sweet 16., which are more wins than your beloved Bobby Hurley and Nate Oats had combined while at UB, in fewer season and an At-Large bid.

If you do not pay attention to something, do not comment on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

Will be interesting to see how Coach Burke can change both her offensive and defensive mindset with all these new players.

I think by this you mean how she can implement her style with her recruits? She doesn’t have to change. She will bring her style players in that fit her schemes. Right?

4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think by this you mean how she can implement her style with her recruits? She doesn’t have to change. She will bring her style players in that fit her schemes. Right?

Hopefully her style is keeping a coaching staff and team intact from the beginning of the season to the end.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Yes . Any coach will try to recruit her type of player to fit their coaching style and mindset. Based on what players you have and what happens as a season goes on with injuries, personal problems and of course if players do not perform like a coach envisionined any coach has to be able to change. Again I think she will implement her style but the big question is trying to get the entire team to buy in to her coaching style. Time will tell to see if any of these new players turn into the better D1 players and if we can compete against the better teams in the MAC. Hope all these new recruits are still locked in to coming here and look forward to a new chapter in UB basketball. Go Bulls!!

On 3/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, promotherobot said:

When a team needs three to tie with only seconds left, you foul them and give them 2.

Watching many games I seldom see a team foul when up by three. Not sure what coaches are thinking especially if there are only seconds left.