Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB 8 Buffalo vs. 1 Toledo

17 minutes ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

Shocked there wasn’t a thread created for this game yet? 

Is it a superstition I’m missing out on? 

Girls look good so far, playing hard. 

I think they might shock the MAC this tourney.

They look good, but Im not sure they can hang with Toledo the whole way. Definitely progress. 

Just now, Bluebird96 said:

Boy I thought they could’ve called a foul there rather than jump ball. But then I’m biased. Great performance by the Bulls nonetheless. Very proud of this team 🤘

Did you see the tight replay? The defender hacked down completely on her wrist. Terrible call.

• Like 1

Two bad calls at the end, both fouls on Toledo. Her hand was literally wrapped around Stone's wrist. They played their hearts out. I wished for a better shot at the end of regulation, but she came up just short. The future is bright for BB and crew even with the big turnover coming this year. She can coach and maximize her players ability. Ogden was cold blooded shooting 3s today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clodney said:

I'll admit I haven't watched much of the girls this year but is the gameplan typically give the ball to Stone until she turns it over?

Neither have I there back to being irrelevant just another women’s Big 4 basketball program playing out the games yearly on the UB Bulls women’s basketball schedule. Let me know when Becky Burke either figures it out or is fired. But no I am not wasting my time watching another mediocre Western New York basketball program. I already have four men’s basketball programs that are mediocre and irrelevant this season. Last game of the Big 4 basketball season tomorrow with UB Bulls loss to the Akron Zips. BSF the UB Bulls men haven’t played yet? No chance against the Akron Zips tomorrow we mind as will forfeit this game and all of next season as long as Jim Whitesell is the head UB Bulls basketball coach we have no chance at NCAA’s tournament championship bid in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, UB Horns Up said:

Neither have I there back to being irrelevant just another women’s Big 4 basketball program playing out the games yearly on the UB Bulls women’s basketball schedule. Let me know when Becky Burke either figures it out or is fired. But no I am not wasting my time watching another mediocre Western New York basketball program. I already have four men’s basketball programs that are mediocre and irrelevant this season. Last game of the Big 4 basketball season tomorrow with UB Bulls loss to the Akron Zips. BSF the UB Bulls men haven’t played yet? No chance against the Akron Zips tomorrow we mind as will forfeit this game and all of next season as long as Jim Whitesell is the head UB Bulls basketball coach we have no chance at NCAA’s tournament championship in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

If you’re done watching UB basketball then why bother sharing your thoughts about UB basketball on a fan forum? That’s the behavior of trolls, not fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, UB Horns Up said:

Neither have I there back to being irrelevant just another women’s Big 4 basketball program playing out the games yearly on the UB Bulls women’s basketball schedule. Let me know when Becky Burke either figures it out or is fired. But no I am not wasting my time watching another mediocre Western New York basketball program. I already have four men’s basketball programs that are mediocre and irrelevant this season. Last game of the Big 4 basketball season tomorrow with UB Bulls loss to the Akron Zips. BSF the UB Bulls men haven’t played yet? No chance against the Akron Zips tomorrow we mind as will forfeit this game and all of next season as long as Jim Whitesell is the head UB Bulls basketball coach we have no chance at NCAA’s tournament championship bid in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Back to irrelevancy? They’re a team that returned one player from last year, and had six players who consistently played?

They won their last 3 games to make the tournament and played Toledo, a team on the brink of being in the top 25, and a potential at large bid, to one point in OT. There is no shame in losing today. Especially with how well they performed. 

In addition, they have a good recruiting class coming in.

While I’m not thrilled about the trajectory of the men’s team, and I do agree that it’s time for Whitesell to go, I think Burke has shown her ability to get an undermanned team to play above expectations. They will be at the top of the MAC while she’s here. That I’m confident of.

• Like 3