Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB NIL Collective (or lack thereof)

3 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Also believe the Mac is in good position to try to expand. Western Kentucky and middle Tennessee would have been nice additions

The consistency and loyalty of the Mac will be a huge positive as long as they too try to expand and grab teams that would be fits 

I saw a tweet that the old guard MAC schools (Ohio, BGSU, Miami, etc) are taking to the top AAC schools about a new Super G5 conference. Of course Buffalo is not part if the discussion. I'll see if I can find it.

• Like 1

Tv isn’t paying big money to low level conferences. That’s my point. It’s eaten up by the big guys. The lower level conferences would do well to lean into what makes college sports special - regionality for fans and rivalries. The Power programs don’t care about rivalries bc their stadiums are full and they’re getting gobs of tv money. We should do the opposite. I agree we should add WKU and MTSU. Problem is last time we had that chance, some MAC Presidents reportedly voted no bc they felt like they’d have to further invest in their own programs to stay competitive. 

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

Tv isn’t paying big money to low level conferences. That’s my point. It’s eaten up by the big guys. The lower level conferences would do well to lean into what makes college sports special - regionality for fans and rivalries. The Power programs don’t care about rivalries bc their stadiums are full and they’re getting gobs of tv money. We should do the opposite. I agree we should add WKU and MTSU. Problem is last time we had that chance, some MAC Presidents reportedly voted no bc they felt like they’d have to further invest in their own programs to stay competitive. 

Like I said, most of the MAC Teams think the conference is great for them and status quo is perfectly fine. I just think UB could do better.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

I agree we should add WKU and MTSU. Problem is last time we had that chance, some MAC Presidents reportedly voted no bc they felt like they’d have to further invest in their own programs to stay competitive. 

MTSU didn't want to join. WKU would have accepted the invite but did not get one because the MAC wanted both or neither.