Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Home opener vs. Fordham ESPN+ 9/9/23 6pm

promotherobot

• promotherobot changed the title to Home opener vs. Fordham ESPN+ 9/9/23 6pm
6 hours ago, promotherobot said:

The Rams are a quality FCS program. They come in 1-1 after a 34-13 road loss to Albany and a 46-16 drubbing of Wagner at home.

I would expect a good game, but similar to last week, we should be the ones wearing them out in the second half. I expect our offense to be productive and better on 3rd down. Hopefully the run D is improved as well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, promotherobot said:

The Rams are a quality FCS program. They come in 1-1 after a 34-13 road loss to Albany and a 46-16 drubbing of Wagner at home.

I’ll have to eat my words after something wacky happens but I wouldn’t call anyone who loses to Albany by more than 20 a quality opponent. 

If the Buffalo Bulls can’t beat Fordham Rams with the UB Bulls talent I saw yesterday. If UB Bulls Maurice Linquist can’t have his players ready for Fordham Rams FCS football than I question why is Maurice Linquist still the UB Bulls head football coach. I don’t care about the score just win by one point. Buffalo Super Fan what if Maurice Linquist losses to Fordham Rams like Lance Leipold and the Albany Great Danes it’s understandable right? No it isn’t understandable not today with the transfer portal that shouldn’t happen anymore. Maurice Linquist losses to Fordham Rams replacement him and the entire team at the end of season like the Colorado Buffaloes head coach Deion Sanders he didn’t fool around with golly gee wiz. He got rid of the whole team from Colorado Buffaloes from last year. That is what a well run college football team and coach looks like.

Nobody says players can lose to FCS and be guaranteed anything after that potentially. You can win with a totally new team today with the transfer portal. BSF are you giving George Halcovage a few years to lose? Oh course not Deion Sanders wins at Colorado. UB can win the MAC. I would flat out tell everyone we are winning the MAC this year or people are going to be out of work including the UB President for sitting there like a bump on a log. Instead of UB athletics fund raising to get UB Bulls there Deion Sanders. The UB President is too into academics never mind about school and academics there are more important things like winning the MAC championship never mind about academics. The UB Bulls President should be trying to get business investment in UB athletics NIL along with putting together stakeholders locally for a new UB Bulls football/soccer/concerts Buffalo Bulls Waterfront Stadium on the Outer Habor 25,000 expandable if the need arises. Build a horse shoe style college football stadium with the open end overlooking our Buffalo Waterfront along with boat access for UB Bulls fans for tailgating. That needs to happen in the 2030’s the UB President needs to do more for UB athletics like working to get this built for UB Bulls football in the 2030’s in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

12 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

If the Buffalo Bulls can’t beat Fordham Rams with the UB Bulls talent I saw yesterday. If UB Bulls Maurice Linquist can’t have his players ready for Fordham Rams FCS football than I question why is Maurice Linquist still the UB Bulls head football coach. I don’t care about the score just win by one point. Buffalo Super Fan what if Maurice Linquist losses to Fordham Rams like Lance Leipold and the Albany Great Danes it’s understandable right? No it isn’t understandable not today with the transfer portal that shouldn’t happen anymore. Maurice Linquist losses to Fordham Rams replacement him and the entire team at the end of season like the Colorado Buffaloes head coach Deion Sanders he didn’t fool around with golly gee wiz. He got rid of the whole team from Colorado Buffaloes from last year. That is what a well run college football team and coach looks like.

Nobody says players can lose to FCS and be guaranteed anything after that potentially. You can win with a totally new team today with the transfer portal. BSF are you giving George Halcovage a few years to lose? Oh course not Deion Sanders wins at Colorado. UB can win the MAC. I would flat out tell everyone we are winning the MAC this year or people are going to be out of work including the UB President for sitting there like a bump on a log. Instead of UB athletics fund raising to get UB Bulls there Deion Sanders. The UB President is too into academics never mind about school and academics there are more important things like winning the MAC championship never mind about academics. The UB Bulls President should be trying to get business investment in UB athletics NIL along with putting together stakeholders locally for a new UB Bulls football/soccer/concerts Buffalo Bulls Waterfront Stadium on the Outer Habor 25,000 expandable if the need arises. Build a horse shoe style college football stadium with the open end overlooking our Buffalo Waterfront along with boat access for UB Bulls fans for tailgating. That needs to happen in the 2030’s the UB President needs to do more for UB athletics like working to get this built for UB Bulls football in the 2030’s in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Raking the takeaways from this post:

1. George Halcovage = Deion Sanders

2. Tripathi fired if we don't win the MAC

Edited by MuchMany

On 9/4/2023 at 12:10 AM, UB Horns Up said:

The UB President is too into academics never mind about school and academics there are more important things like winning the MAC championship never mind about academics.

If you are going to refer to yourself in the third person, please call yourself "UB Horns Up".

The UB President is too into academics never mind about school and academics there are more important things like winning the MAC championship never mind about academics.

His job is academics.

Build a horse shoe style college football stadium with the open end overlooking our Buffalo Waterfront along with boat access for UB Bulls fans for tailgating.

That will get the fans to come in November, a cold wind blowing off of Lake Erie in November.  I believe Gordon Lightfoot wrote about this better than I ever could:

T'was the witch of November come stealin'
The dawn came late and the breakfast had to wait
When the gales of November came slashin'
When afternoon came it was freezin' rain
In the face of a hurricane west wind

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ubbulls98 said:

Please don't be a trap game.  Please don't be a trap game.

P.S.  Fire Trapathi for taking away baseball and soccer.  #NeverForget

Nobody can tell me we didn’t have the funds for those teams when we put in a $38 million cafe among other things we don’t need. 

9 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Nobody can tell me we didn’t have the funds for those teams when we put in a $38 million cafe among other things we don’t need. 

Part of it was removal of the Women's Crew team, not sure if that was a cash issue or not, but with Title IX, one men's program would have to go or another women's program added. I've always wondered why we didn't have women's lacrosse or field hockey at least. Not huge costs to those and lacrosse is big in NY so should get talent and MAC Field hockey is a thing. Thank you.

6 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Sounds to me like that would be more lines on the football field.

Yep. Soccer deserves better than playing on a football field. Football deserves better than playing on a field with soccer lines.

Anywho, I'm ready to see this team start a new FCS winning streak this Saturday.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:43 AM, MuchMany said:

2. Tripathi fired if we don't win the MAC

Larry David Therapist GIF - Larry David Therapist Curb Your Enthusiasm -  Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, rma said:

Yep. Soccer deserves better than playing on a football field. Football deserves better than playing on a field with soccer lines.

Anywho, I'm ready to see this team start a new FCS winning streak this Saturday.

Larry David Therapist GIF - Larry David Therapist Curb Your Enthusiasm -  Discover & Share GIFs

Gotta love Larry David and his faces. 

2 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

CBS Sports shows UB favored by 21.5.  ESPN.com gives UB a 95% chance to win.

I’d settle for an effort similar to last week’s in all 3 phases and a double-digit W.  Take an early lead and don’t let the foot off the gas. Go Bulls! 🤘

It would be nice to get a good lead and maybe see some 3-4 deep guys. With the new redshirt rules that could benefit us later in the season.