Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jim Whitesell lands at Albany

promotherobot

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Good luck to Coach JW

Stays within the SUNY system

So did he technically just change jobs/transfer locations?

When you work for UB are you a UB employee or a SUNY employee or something else?

Good question. Theoretically a "perk" of coming to UB as a coach is that you can get a job at another SUNY school and carry over your benefits - in case things don't work out.

28 minutes ago, capencaper said:

Good question. Theoretically a "perk" of coming to UB as a coach is that you can get a job at another SUNY school and carry over your benefits - in case things don't work out.

Good thing one of the perks isn’t becoming a tenured professor that can’t get fired.

I also wish Jim the best.  He is a stand up guy.  That said, Albany is a challenging situation.  They finished at the bottom of AE last year and were one of the weakest D1 teams.

Reading also that the current head coach had some legal issues / physical contact with a former player.   Maybe bigger things in store at Albany for JW?

18 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I also wish Jim the best.  He is a stand up guy.  That said, Albany is a challenging situation.  They finished at the bottom of AE last year and were one of the weakest D1 teams.

Reading also that the current head coach had some legal issues / physical contact with a former player.   Maybe bigger things in store at Albany for JW?

I had not heard that, but JW could be a good option for continuity and stability if things go to shit with the HC. Less pressure there and maybe can develop a roster that can compete.

39 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I had not heard that, but JW could be a good option for continuity and stability if things go to shit with the HC. Less pressure there and maybe can develop a roster that can compete.

Saw it mentioned on Wikipedia.  Here is Albany newspaper story.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/ualbany-men-s-basketball-coach-dwayne-killings-17850023.php

Seems like it could be behind him, so likely I am jumping the gun. 

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Saw it mentioned on Wikipedia.  Here is Albany newspaper story.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/ualbany-men-s-basketball-coach-dwayne-killings-17850023.php

Seems like it could be behind him, so likely I am jumping the gun. 

Online corrective thinking class? 😂😂 you just can’t make this stuff up. The civil suit could bite him in the ass. The racial discrimination angle is also interesting. 

7 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Online corrective thinking class? 😂😂 you just can’t make this stuff up. The civil suit could bite him in the ass. The racial discrimination angle is also interesting. 

In case anyone is in need of a class, start as low as 24.99.

https://behaviormodificationclass.com/?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwpJWoBhA8EiwAHZFzfv3v8vYw74xQY1lYjqdp-24k9OfGF-ztXytMZyAnxqcMQNvbvwSx9hoCMtoQAvD_BwE

Maybe his lawyer should have tried to get him a plea to just watch Anger Management and The Last Days of Knight.

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

In case anyone is in need of a class, start as low as 24.99.

https://behaviormodificationclass.com/?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwpJWoBhA8EiwAHZFzfv3v8vYw74xQY1lYjqdp-24k9OfGF-ztXytMZyAnxqcMQNvbvwSx9hoCMtoQAvD_BwE

Maybe his lawyer should have tried to get him a plea to just watch Anger Management and The Last Days of Knight.

What a joke of a “sentence”