Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Toledo Time & TV

squad1321

5 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

He sucks this year, regression. But it might have a lot to do with the two WRs last year that were really good. 

We have an OC with no experience learning on the job. Harrity, Curry, Johnson, we have guys. Our OL and running game uses to be our strength. Scary part we lose our 2 best OL next year. Snyder has lost his confidence and I think our vanilla offense is the main problem. It’s like waterboy when the other team was reading Football for Dummies.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

We have an OC with no experience learning on the job. Harrity, Curry, Johnson, we have guys. Our OL and running game uses to be our strength. Scary part we lose our 2 best OL next year. Snyder has lost his confidence and I think our vanilla offense is the main problem. It’s like waterboy when the other team was reading Football for Dummies.

This is really it.  The OC...he is learning on the job, truly.  He makes Kotelnicki look like an offensive mastermind.   And people complained vehemently about him.

Someone wrote in another post that we look like a HS team.  We kind of do.  Especially on the special teams.

8 minutes ago, UB92 said:

This is really it.  The OC...he is learning on the job, truly.  He makes Kotelnicki look like an offensive mastermind.   And people complained vehemently about him.

Someone wrote in another post that we look like a HS team.  We kind of do.  Especially on the special teams.

I seem to recall when he was hired, he was very creative and cutting edge. Bringing a young perspective. We should have talent since we have the best recruiter in the MAC. You can’t have it both ways so there is obviously a problem 

16 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

MAC officiating. WTF.

Certainly seemed like a questionable targeting call on Murdock when he was going for the loose ball.  Huge play in the game if that’s not called and I believe the Bulls had recovered? Might be a 24-14 game right now. 

Edited by Bluebird96

5 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I seem to recall when he was hired, he was very creative and cutting edge. Bringing a young perspective. We should have talent since we have the best recruiter in the MAC. You can’t have it both ways so there is obviously a problem 

Here is the guy.  https://ubbulls.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/dj-mangas/506

Maybe he was creative and cutting edge, but I suspect he is figuring out what to do when he is the guy calling the plays in real time (and not being an analyst of position coach).    Of course, he is limited a lot by the offensive line and the limitations of the QB.  All a learning experience for him.

How Long do we have to put up with this used car salesman as head coach.

he’s all talk, all for the show.  Come game day, the truth comes out.

Might be the reason why he’s jumped from job to job.  People that actually know what there doing can usually see right through the bullshit of somebody who has no clue.

• Like 3

I know this isn’t going to happen, but this is a good time of the year to see what we have in another QB.  

What have we seen on Gunnar Gray?  The backup they used isn’t really a passer.  I’d like to see someone other than Snyder at this point.  We are not going anywhere, so let’s see what we have 

28 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I know this isn’t going to happen, but this is a good time of the year to see what we have in another QB.  

What have we seen on Gunnar Gray?  The backup they used isn’t really a passer.  I’d like to see someone other than Snyder at this point.  We are not going anywhere, so let’s see what we have 

I completely agree with the sentiment, and I am not big on Cole Snyder at all but the coaches see these guys practice every day and chances are Gray is not better than Snyder if he hasn’t even seen a snap this year. I trust them to make the basic judgement of whose a better quarterback 

I think UB Bulls fans need not look at the UB OC firing him is a given at the end of the season but there are far more glaring issues with UB Bulls football than the OC. The 2023 UB Bulls football players never quit they are just not enough talent on the 2023 UB Bulls football team. There is very little talent on the 2023 UB Bulls that are high level MAC talent. Cole Snyder is the best Quarterback UB got and he isn’t good enough. This UB coaching staff is paying the price for letting too much the UB talent we had under Lance Leipold walk out the door. Again players left because they didn’t like what Maurice Linquist was selling so they either went with Lance Leipold or into the transfer portal or just quit football because they didn’t believe in the message Maurice Linquist was selling was going to be successful from the first team meeting with the UB Bulls players to convince them to stay they didn’t.

Players that have won bowls under Lance Leipold knew it was a step down and they moved on, Especially backups we don’t even have a QB Matt Myers to turn too when Cole Snyder struggles. Realize RB Dylan McDuffie would be a 5th year player on this team. No way UB alums can sell me on that is ok let them all leave next Bull in that is no way to run a championship level team in the MAC. Or that Maurice Linquist is this great recruiter he isn’t. I don’t see many offensive players on this current UB roster that are next level guys that is the problem. Toledo is bowl eligible 14 years in a row regardless of who is the coach they had small guys but with speed. UB Bulls football don’t have the speed to compete for MAC championships. UB Bulls football even though the UB donors dumped a lot of money into football facilities are worse off now than Turner Gill teams. Where Turner Gill had a few tables, chairs and some hooks to hand players to hang up there football gear. This current 2023 UB Bulls football team has better locker room than both the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres. It’s on the UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist for signing off on players not good enough to play MAC championship level football in the MAC. Again you can fire everyone but Maurice Linquist this team’s main problem is Maurice Linquist that hasn’t brought in enough upper level MAC talent.

Again Maurice Linquist is going no where because of term length still on his contract but I don’t see anything changing because Maurice Linquist doesn’t even bring in Lance Leipold level MAC talent. Maurice Linquist won with the remaining Lance Leipold players that were still around. This team now is our future the next two years these are Maurice Linquist players that he himself brought in then UB Bulls will potentially Jim Whitesell Maurice Linquist and start all over for a new UB Bulls football coach the beginning of the 2026 UB Bulls football season. So basically UB Bulls football will be MAC championship level potentially again in 2027 or 2028 if UB Bulls hires the right coach for 2026. What a terrible state of affairs for UB Bulls football in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BRJACR75 said:

How Long do we have to put up with this used car salesman as head coach.

he’s all talk, all for the show.  Come game day, the truth comes out.

That's a funny line.  But yeah, I don't listen to any of his press conferences or in-game sideline interviews.  It's all coach speak and clichés.  There's no honesty, at least publicly.  As a Bulls fan, he's really hard to warm up to.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

I think UB Bulls fans need not look at the UB OC firing him is a given at the end of the season but there are far more glaring issues with UB Bulls football than the OC. The 2023 UB Bulls football players never quit they are just not enough talent on the 2023 UB Bulls football team. There is very little talent on the 2023 UB Bulls that are high level MAC talent. Cole Snyder is the best Quarterback UB got and he isn’t good enough. This UB coaching staff is paying the price for letting too much the UB talent we had under Lance Leipold walk out the door. Again players left because they didn’t like what Maurice Linquist was selling so they either went with Lance Leipold or into the transfer portal or just quit football because they didn’t believe in the message Maurice Linquist was selling was going to be successful from the first team meeting with the UB Bulls players to convince them to stay they didn’t.

Players that have won bowls under Lance Leipold knew it was a step down and they moved on, Especially backups we don’t even have a QB Matt Myers to turn too when Cole Snyder struggles. Realize RB Dylan McDuffie would be a 5th year player on this team. No way UB alums can sell me on that is ok let them all leave next Bull in that is no way to run a championship level team in the MAC. Or that Maurice Linquist is this great recruiter he isn’t. I don’t see many offensive players on this current UB roster that are next level guys that is the problem. Toledo is bowl eligible 14 years in a row regardless of who is the coach they had small guys but with speed. UB Bulls football don’t have the speed to compete for MAC championships. UB Bulls football even though the UB donors dumped a lot of money into football facilities are worse off now than Turner Gill teams. Where Turner Gill had a few tables, chairs and some hooks to hand players to hang up there football gear. This current 2023 UB Bulls football team has better locker room than both the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres. It’s on the UB Bulls head coach Maurice Linquist for signing off on players not good enough to play MAC championship level football in the MAC. Again you can fire everyone but Maurice Linquist this team’s main problem is Maurice Linquist that hasn’t brought in enough upper level MAC talent.

Again Maurice Linquist is going no where because of term length still on his contract but I don’t see anything changing because Maurice Linquist doesn’t even bring in Lance Leipold level MAC talent. Maurice Linquist won with the remaining Lance Leipold players that were still around. This team now is our future the next two years these are Maurice Linquist players that he himself brought in then UB Bulls will potentially Jim Whitesell Maurice Linquist and start all over for a new UB Bulls football coach the beginning of the 2026 UB Bulls football season. So basically UB Bulls football will be MAC championship level potentially again in 2027 or 2028 if UB Bulls hires the right coach for 2026. What a terrible state of affairs for UB Bulls football in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

image.jpeg.06ec2b8802b34602170fd4a592ad3422.jpegHere is some of that 2020 Lance Leipold talent visiting the old coaching staff last weekend at the Kansas game! 

45 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

They don't have large cleats for slick conditions like mud or snow? They looked like their footing was affected.

The have molded cleats on all shoes.  It is not the old days with screw in cleats that were changed based upon weather and ground conditions.

It is also unlikely that you could get any player today to play in regular sneakers, even on a grass field, the way the Giants did in 1934 when they switched to sneakers at halftime to win the NFL Championship over the Bears.

• Like 1