Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 UB Quarterback

Ubbullsfan09

2024 UB Quarterback  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously this year was not what we wanted as fans. Apart of the problem was the abysmal quarterback play and the embarrassing quarterback rotation that made every play we ran predictable. Going forward, do you think Cole Snyder is the guy? Personally I don’t think he is very good, and I think we should strive to find a veteran QB in the portal that actually has some game experience or at least talent we can work with. Snyder came in and won the job after being 3rd/4th string at Rutgers. Do you guys think Snyder is the answer or should we turn to a newbie, Ogbonna or even a guy like Gunnar Gray or Richie Watts?

I don’t see a drastic change.  Every year, each team recruits a couple/few new quarterbacks.  For the purposes of this topic, I’ll say one of each.  Then after the off season workouts, the coaching staff gets to evaluate everyone on the roster, and play the best option. 
How much I liked the play of one athlete shouldn’t change the plan going forward. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I don’t see a drastic change.  Every year, each team recruits a couple/few new quarterbacks.  For the purposes of this topic, I’ll say one of each.  Then after the off season workouts, the coaching staff gets to evaluate everyone on the roster, and play the best option. 
How much I liked the play of one athlete shouldn’t change the plan going forward. 

I just think quarterback is such a vital position to success that if we are to go anywhere and make a bowl game, we need to do better. Snyder didn’t get the job done and the coaching staff proved they lost trust in him by using the Snyder-Ogbonna rotation. If we can’t even trust a quarterback on the roster, we need to find an upgrade 

Edited by Ubbullsfan09

Cole Snyder I thought he was out of eligibility? I would go to the transfer portal if I was the UB Bulls there are better starting FCS quarterbacks out there I would go after that throw the football better then anything that the Bulls presently have on their roster in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

8 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

QB play was plain terrible. You live and die by the QB and we died. OL did us no favors. I thought pass blocking was ok, run blocking was horrific. Especially 3rd/4th and short. 

Everything about the offense was terrible this year, from coaches to every position. Pass blocking was for 3 yard passes, so not really what I would call pass blocking.  I couldn't find 1 bright spot to highlight.  Assuming there will be zero Bulls on the All MAC team offense this year.  What a difference in 2 years with the same QB, and to think Mo fired the OC after last year.  Wow, this is the worst offense in UB in a long, long time.

image.png.159c776e6f50e254f43bf91d37e0c5d5.png

image.png.1fbec9b1734204f37d3be7a0d0ede939.png

Edited by Sportsfan

1 hour ago, Sportsfan said:

What a difference in 2 years with the same QB, and to think Mo fired the OC after last year.  Wow, this is the worst offense in UB in a long, long time.

I just did a cursory search and could not find the reason for the the OC leaving the program.  Was he truly fired or did he leave?  Was it mutual?   I mean, why fire the OC (with all of his experience) and then replace him with someone who has much less experience, especially at the high levels/as coordinator?  

Also, I think the O-line didn't open many holes, which made it very difficult for Snyder since we were (seemingly) always in passing situations.  The play calling didn't help either, but Snyder was not put in the best position to succeed.  He needs a clean pocket and to get his feet set...then he can deliver the ball.  Anything else is a challenge. 

10 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

Cole Snyder I thought he was out of eligibility? I would go to the transfer portal if I was the UB Bulls there are better starting FCS quarterbacks out there I would go after that throw the football better then anything that the Bulls presently have on their roster in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

10 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

He will be in Portal

• Thanks 1

I say bring in a veteran QB in the portal (senior with the option for an extra year of eligibility) and a talented freshman. That way the veteran gives decent output for a year or two while the freshman develops into a starter. Should be able to get a good freshman if he knows he’ll be the number 1 in a couple years. Bringing in new QBs should entice Snyder to transfer far away. 

2 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Along with most of the team.

From what I have heard, Mo has a very loyal player following, even given the abysmal results. They seem to buy-in to the "Process". You may be right, but the rumblings I've heard is the majority of the contributors that still have eligibility plan to stick around. 

42 minutes ago, rma said:

I see Minnesota and Western Kentucky offers too. 

Brosmer led the FCS in passing yards at New Hampshire, which plays in the Colonial Athletic Conference. The Georgia native finished his junior season at New Hampshire with 3,449 passing yards and 29 touchdowns and five interceptions while posting a 3.88 GPA studying biomedical science and kinesiology. 

• Like 1

Would not be a bit surprised if he goes somewhere and puts up another 3k at a new program and excel like KVT did at Georgia Southern. KVT going there was the best thing he could do, he is beloved there and now works on their broadcasts. I wish him well and for whatever reason they lost faith in him, I will never know.

image.thumb.png.55de5d2d7d113dae4daa1d336c368bd6.png

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

From what I have heard, Mo has a very loyal player following, even given the abysmal results. They seem to buy-in to the "Process". You may be right, but the rumblings I've heard is the majority of the contributors that still have eligibility plan to stick around. 

Coach Mo, assistant coaches and a select few are the only ones buying into his “process”.   He has made it quite toxic! 

4 hours ago, UBinMD said:

From what I have heard, Mo has a very loyal player following, even given the abysmal results. They seem to buy-in to the "Process". You may be right, but the rumblings I've heard is the majority of the contributors that still have eligibility plan to stick 

Edited by Ron Polizzi

59 minutes ago, Jab said:

Coach Mo, assistant coaches and a select few are the only ones buying into his “process”.   He has made it quite toxic! 

I guess we will find out in the next few weeks. Kent St is currently starting to bleed portal players, if that happens here, then the seat will get hotter. Toxic seems to be used similar to what was said about WBB. If that’s the case, then ADMAs seat gets a little hotter too.

4 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Would not be a bit surprised if he goes somewhere and puts up another 3k at a new program and excel like KVT did at Georgia Southern. KVT going there was the best thing he could do, he is beloved there and now works on their broadcasts. I wish him well and for whatever reason they lost faith in him, I will never know.

Cole Snyder that is what Buffalo Bulls were supposed to be transferring from Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Cole Snyder isn’t going to be any better than he is. Do UB fans understand how good you have to be to play Indoor Football League or Arena Football League? I will give an example you remember Nate Davis? He lost to UB Bulls in the MAC championship game for Ball State Cardinals in 2008. What is your point BSF? Nate Davis was a big Quarterback signee last week for the Indoor Football League San Diego Strikeforce. I was a Buffalo Destroyers Arena Football League fan and I still follow the indoor football game. You have to be good to play in those leagues as a quarterback. Cole Snyder isn’t playing in the NFL or even the CFL or USFL merged XFL. Trust BSF Cole Snyder isn’t going to be in the NFL he doesn’t have the athletic ability or arm strength to play in the NFL. Would you rather have Drew Willy or Cole Snyder? I rest my case Drew Willy played in the CFL.

Chad Kelly started at Ole Miss SEC and he is finally growing up and is a star quarterback with the CFL Toronto Argonauts signing a three year contract. Cole Snyder would have to work to be a Arena Football League or Indoor Football League quarterback at $500 a game. I don’t know what these agents and friends tell these kids but it’s not the truth. I get it some will say BSF positive reinforcement you are too negative but when does reality enter the conversation? I don’t blame UB Bulls football or Maurice Linquist for Cole Snyder decline his play was poor and one of the many reasons UB Bulls football regressed this season. I wasn’t there but I will speculate on what happened. I think Maurice Linquist and the coaching staff was honest with Cole Snyder at the end of the season post interviews why his playing time diminished and I also think they told him they are bringing quarterbacks in to compete for the UB Bulls starting quarterback position next season. Cole Snyder didn’t like it and did what he did at Rutgers run away from a challenge? When does the athlete look in the mirror? I think Maurice Linquist was overly fair with Cole Snyder because he was Maurice Linquist hand picked quarterback when he became the UB Bulls football coach. Good luck to Cole Snyder but he is a FCS level quarterback right now by his playing ability he lost to FCS Fordham Rams that is reality. As good as Kyle Vantrease was he signed a CFL contract like a CFL practice squad. There are no guarantees for Kyle Vantrease and he was more accurate than Cole Snyder with very limited mobility like Cole Snyder. But Cole Snyder is not a NFL quarterback look at the NFL starting quarterbacks how athletic they are with big arm strength is that Cole Snyder? I deal in reality and I think the UB Bulls coaches are honest with these players but too many refuse to accept reality of their play on the football field instead running away from a challenge to the transfer portal in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

9 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

Cole Snyder isn’t going to be in the NFL he doesn’t have the athletic ability or arm strength to play in the NFL.

Have you seen Zach Wilson play? (Did you call for everyone at the Bills to be fired when he beat the Bills in a relief appearance?.) If Wilson an go in the first round, Snyder could make a practice squad.

16 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Not that it matters, but this is going to be a grad transfer deal...right?  I mean, he has been in college since 2019, so I assume he has will earn his degree by the end of the spring semester?

At any rate, there are probably some team that has a good line...and is graduating a QB (or that QB is going in the portal) who could use someone like Snyder.  Given time with feet set, he can deliver the ball.  He is pretty limited in a variey of other ways, but with better protection (and better coaching), I think a team can accentuate his positives and limit the exposure to his negatives.   Let's face it.  The playcalling this year makes Kotelnicki look like Bill Walsh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

If Wilson an go in the first round, Snyder could make a practice squad.

Counterpoint: Snyder isn't and never was a D1 quality QB. I don't expect him to be transferring to an FBS team as a starter, which would tell us a lot about what we've experienced the last two years. Optimistically, maybe that should be encouraging for us with an actual QB next year. 

• Like 1