Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach In: Pete Lembo

Bill

13 hours ago, rma said:

The DL hire has inspired a "Fucking Pete" thread on the Ball State board. Maybe a bit of a rivalry while Lembo is here? Maybe I'll have to try the Olive Garden in Muncie, as Lembo highlighted that in the press conference I posted earlier in the thread. Looks to be the highest rated of the three Italian restaurants in Muncie.

Edit: Actually it appears that there's only two Italian restaurants in Muncie, as one is either an Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's pretending to be an Italian restaurant on google. And this is of course counting Olive Garden as Italian.....

Screenshot2024-01-26at9_03_55PM.thumb.png.2b9feb1e32c317f40a40bec97d718c8d.png

Thankful to live in New York City, where the only people who go to chain Italian restaurants are tourists in Times Square.  The rest of use the great selection in all parts of the city.

• Like 1

Lembo contract out per TBN:

$500k base

$225k additional comp - this matches the $725k he made at USC (east)

$15k for 8 wins

$20k for 9 wins

$25k for 10 wins

$30k for 11 wins

$35k for 12 wins

$15k detroit

$35k championship

$25k bowl game

$60k bowl win

------

Lembo leaves, owes UB:

$1.5m before Dec 10, 2024

$1m before Dec 10, 2025

$750k before Dec 10, 2026

$500k before Dec 10, 2027

$250k before Dec 1, 2028

------

We fire Lembo, we owe $500k for each year left on the contract

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A number of announcements for the staff yesterday, including a defensive coordinator, from Miami Redhawks (he and Coach Lembo were at South Carolina together).  Coach Lembo kept the OL, TE and DB coaches as well as the recent hires of the OC and RB coaches.

https://ubbulls.com/news/2024/1/28/football-lembo-hires-bowen-as-defensive-coordinator-makes-other-staff-appointments.aspx

The most important hire still to come is strength and conditioning coach.  They can make a huge difference.

Edited by BrooklynBull
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Agree 100% on the S&C coach point.  Another team I follow had Jerry Schmidt as the S&C guy under Stoops.  Riley chased him away and brought in Benny Wiley to support Alex Grinch's "Speed D"...pilates and strecthing were the new order of the day  Schmidt went to TA&M.  I'm not sure that they ever gave up less that 40 points a game after Schmidtty left.

When Riley left for USC (West), he took Wiley and Grinch (and other coaches and players) with him.  How did that work out...(Hint: Heisman's = 1; Pre-season hype = 1000; CFP appearances = 0)

Schmidtty came back and in year two, OU went from 6 wins to 10 wins.

Yes I know that scheduling, S.O.S., player development all play a part, but to a man, all would say that Jerry Schmidt made a huge positive difference.

So let's go Pete.  Find a great S&C guy.  They'll pay for themself! 

7 hours ago, verandaman said:

Agree 100% on the S&C coach point.  Another team I follow had Jerry Schmidt as the S&C guy under Stoops.  Riley chased him away and brought in Benny Wiley to support Alex Grinch's "Speed D"...pilates and strecthing were the new order of the day  Schmidt went to TA&M.  I'm not sure that they ever gave up less that 40 points a game after Schmidtty left.

When Riley left for USC (West), he took Wiley and Grinch (and other coaches and players) with him.  How did that work out...(Hint: Heisman's = 1; Pre-season hype = 1000; CFP appearances = 0)

Schmidtty came back and in year two, OU went from 6 wins to 10 wins.

Yes I know that scheduling, S.O.S., player development all play a part, but to a man, all would say that Jerry Schmidt made a huge positive difference.

So let's go Pete.  Find a great S&C guy.  They'll pay for themself! 

Ryan Horton is that man, most recently at Georgia Tech, also stops at Tennessee, FIU, Temple and Elon.

• Like 1

I am glad Pete Lembo maintained a lot the UB coaching staff because it’s really too late for them to land other coaching jobs for next season. I want the Maurice Linquist supporters that think that behavior is ok for him to only think about himself over a lousy $400,000 dollars? There is a lot more important things than money. You don’t do that to your people that go to work to help you become successful in sports your a team. There is a right and wrong way to conduct sports business. I don’t believe Maurice Linquist will ever be a FBS head coach again after what he pulled at UB. No way would I personally hire a coach like that. I like that Pete Lembo is connecting with the high school coaches of Section 5 and Section 6 that was lacking with Maurice Linquist in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 2:24 PM, rma said:

Lembo contract out per TBN:

$500k base

$225k additional comp - this matches the $725k he made at USC (east)

$15k for 8 wins

$20k for 9 wins

$25k for 10 wins

$30k for 11 wins

$35k for 12 wins

$15k detroit

$35k championship

$25k bowl game

$60k bowl win

------

Lembo leaves, owes UB:

$1.5m before Dec 10, 2024

$1m before Dec 10, 2025

$750k before Dec 10, 2026

$500k before Dec 10, 2027

$250k before Dec 1, 2028

------

We fire Lembo, we owe $500k for each year left on the contract

I figured UB would bump Pete Lembo pay to what he was getting at South Carolina. Thank you Alabama for the free money so UB Bulls football could do that in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

9 hours ago, RapidsFan said:

You can just say "I know which scrub is getting hired tomorrow" instead of hyping it up

I was not hyping anything, as I had no information on who is being or when someone is about to be hired.  (Nor do I have any information before anybody is being fired or resigning.)  It was the last major assistant job still open.

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

I was not hyping anything, as I had no information on who is being or when someone is about to be hired.  (Nor do I have any information before anybody is being fired or resigning.)  It was the last major assistant job still open.

I’m gonna make a bold prediction. Now that Pete has his staff mostly in place, he’s going to start hitting the road and getting offers out to high school juniors.

11 hours ago, RapidsFan said:

You can just say "I know which scrub is getting hired tomorrow" instead of hyping it up

Elon Phoenix record with Ryan Horton as Director of Strength & Conditioning:

2014 - 1-11

2015 - 4-7

2016 - 2-9

"Horton was the director of strength and conditioning at Elon from 2017-19. He oversaw the training program for 17 sports consisting of over 400 student-athletes."  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Pretty bold considering they were all tweeting about it yesterday lol

About as bold as saying they’re gonna hire a S&C coach for an open position and magically a S&C coach is hired!

Edited by rma
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RapidsFan said:

...and was fired along with football head coach Rich Skrosky after Elon's 2016 season because the team was trash

And who did Skrosky work for before that?

Rich Skrosky

Skrosky coached the offensive line under Ball State head coach Pete Lembo at Elon from 2006-08 and was promoted to offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the 2009 and 2010 seasons

e9d6b039b99473852d68adf7a6197a4a.gif

What's your point?

47 minutes ago, clodney said:

Gotta love people like Rapidsfan. He just wasted an entire afternoon researching the career of an Elon Strength and Conditioning Coach just to make a point that is completely irrelevant. 

My ignore feature saved me once again!

• Thanks 1

On a more positive note, I’ve seen 20+ 2025 recruit offers come thru today. Mainly NY, NJ, PA and some re-recruits. Really positive vibes. Lots of local HS visits this week too.

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 3