Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB vs Ball State | 1/23/24 7pm | ESPN+

Not too sure about this one. I'm worried about the Basheer matchup, a 6'9" guy who can pop out for the three. Ball St. does seem to struggle with the assist to turnover ratio on the road so there might be some extra possessions in our favor tonight if we can protect the ball ourselves.

If we get the version of Isaiah Adams we got in Toledo, and some of the hustle I saw on defense during that game, we can win this one.

How many games am I gonna say I think we can win until I learn?

Go Bulls 🤘

Edited by eyjee
  • Like 1

• eyjee changed the title to MBB vs Ball State | 1/23/24 7pm | ESPN+
14 minutes ago, eyjee said:

Not too sure about this one. I'm worried about the Basheer matchup, a 6'9" guy who can pop out for the three. Ball St. does seem to struggle with the assist to turnover ratio on the road so there might be some extra possessions in our favor tonight if we can protect the ball ourselves.

If we get the version of Isaiah Adams we got in Toledo, and some of the hustle I saw on defense during that game, we can win this one.

How many games am I gonna say I think we can win until I learn?

Go Bulls 🤘

I definitely like your continued optimism.  Nothing wrong with that in my book.  Two things are key if UB wants to come out with a win (a recurring must) - they need to keep turnovers down and they need to shoot better from 3 point.  In addition to Adams continuing to play like last game, they need Sabol to regain his touch.

I’m with you, on paper this looks like one of the few winnable games for UB the rest of the way.  But we have to do all the things that winning basketball teams consistently do, and I’m not overly confident in our ability to do that just yet.

Anyway….Go Bulls! 🤘

Getting real close to deeming this offense unwatchable. I don't know enough about basketball X's and O's to even try and think what system GH3 has in place for this team in the offensive zone... but man... if I see one more iso fade-away mid-range jumper...

Ball State has such a great thing going having Jihad and Hendricks on the court at the same time. Jo covering Hendricks and having Jihad on Isaiah or Sy is the whole reason we're in the foul trouble we find ourselves in.

Jihad and Hendricks is what our Skogman/Mballa should have been.

Just now, Chet said:

There is little or no improvement with this squad. Losing by 14 at half to a Ball State team with 1 win in the MAC is a new low. 

A group with little continuity and D1 experience has the most room for growth too but alas

1 minute ago, Chet said:

GHIII is not him. This team has a few role players for next year, but that’s it. 

Anyone saying otherwise is truly out of their mind. We’re about to start 1-6 in the worst MAC in at least 25 years. Kenpom has the MAC ranked 24th this season, going back to 1997 the lowest rank was 20th one time. This team could improve leaps and bounds each of the next two seasons and be at best a middling MAC team. And I will reiterate that each loss we add to the pile is only going to make recruiting harder (as if he was killing it to begin with). If you bitched about the middling Whitesell years prepare for how the Halcovage era has set this program back

6 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Anyone saying otherwise is truly out of their mind. We’re about to start 1-6 in the worst MAC in at least 25 years. Kenpom has the MAC ranked 24th this season, going back to 1997 the lowest rank was 20th one time. This team could improve leaps and bounds each of the next two seasons and be at best a middling MAC team. And I will reiterate that each loss we add to the pile is only going to make recruiting harder (as if he was killing it to begin with). If you bitched about the middling Whitesell years prepare for how the Halcovage era has set this program back

I'm gonna hold fast to the fact that I want to give GH3 a chance at a full recruiting schedule but I'd be lying if I said the bolded didn't worry me in a big way.

UB has hit more shots from 3 (6) than from inside the arc (4). That, and they’re on pace to allow 90 pts to the 9th highest scoring team in MAC play.  Though, Ball is better than their 1-5 record losing by just 4 to Akron, by 5 to Toledo and in OT to M-OH.  Little comfort at this point.  Will be a struggle to find points anywhere in the 2nd half with our 2 top scorers in foul trouble and seemingly nobody willing to use ball movement to our advantage.