Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB vs Ball State | 1/23/24 7pm | ESPN+

3 hours ago, eyjee said:

I think there's a lot of revisionist history happening on Whitesell in here. The 21-22 roster was absolutely stacked and he couldn't get them better than a 4 seed in the MAC tourney coupled with a first-round exit (yes, to the eventual winner, but still). I'm sorry but if you have Williams and Segu coupled with Mballa, Skogman, Hardnett. Jack coming off the bench drilling threes. Fagan coming off the bench with that hustle. Brewton coming off the bench wishing he could shoot threes like Mace... you gotta do better

Really what I think we all miss deep down is just the general blue collar hard hat era. I saw Zaakir try to draw a charge last night and that was one of the most charged up moments I've had this season, even with it ending up being a defensive foul. It was just nice to see a player have the attitude of putting their body on the line for the team, trying to spark something with hustle.

But yes, that culture that attitude that comes from the staff down.

I'm trying so hard to give GH3 the benefit of the doubt. To give him a full recruiting year. To see if he can keep Boldin and Sabol and what kind of growth they show next season. To see if he can coach Fulcher out of these turnovers so he can be a tempo changing guard off the bench for us.

I'm just not seeing it though.

No disrespect to Boldin and Sabol, but I do not anticipate many schools lining up to purge them. They are nice players for the team, but not 30 minute/game players. Fulcher needs a lot more to his game than not turning it over. 

Edited by Chet

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

Ah yes. So the coach will play scared and not want to recruit over the current pile of dog crap to continue to be bottom 15 in the country. Makes sense. 

"Please join my team that won two games last year and lost 50% of its production. If you don't excel despite being surrounded by a complete void of talent you will be finding a new school this time next year." is a hell of a recruiting pitch.

It's funny that you think he'd be able to fill 13 scholarships with talented players when he went 0 for 7 in year one (save me the Sabol and Boldin talk, they're fine but they are hardly contributing to winning games at this point in their career) and he couldn't beg anyone with eligibility to take the 8th one that he had open

Edited by trueblue32

I didn’t mean literally cut everyone. You get rid of those that aren’t bought in. Bring in your mentality guys. At this level anyone claiming they don’t risk playing for multiple coaches in their college lives are fooling themselves. The student athlete can leave at any time as well. 

1 hour ago, Chet said:

No disrespect to Boldin and Sabol, but I do not anticipate many schools lining up to purge them. 

Given who his dad is and the success he had as a star NFL player, I could see Boldin bolting for a more upward trending mid major program next year.  Just my gut feeling and hope I’m wrong because I think he shows a lot of promise.  GH3 sure has his work cut out for himself in building next year’s roster and proving that he’s capable of better results than we’ve seen so far.

12 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Serious question. Do we even have any idea what the roster will look like next year? Will the walk-ons even stay? Maybe we can get some Buffalo state or ECC players to join…

What walk ons? They only suit up 10 guys every game. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

Given who his dad is and the success he had as a star NFL player, I could see Boldin bolting for a more upward trending mid major program next year.  Just my gut feeling and hope I’m wrong because I think he shows a lot of promise.  GH3 sure has his work cut out for himself in building next year’s roster and proving that he’s capable of better results than we’ve seen so far.

With the nonexistent offense Bolton barely touches the ball. He seems to stand out on the wing and even when a shot goes up does not go to the boards. He is barely taking 5 shots a game. Again no offense flow, no cutting to the basket, no screens or picks which I thought was the X’s and O’s of basketball. Let one player take a three and the rest of the players stand around and watch. A sad commentary of basketball. I watched the Alabama/Auburn game tonight and that is how college basketball is supposed to look like.