Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB @ Eastern Michigan | 1/27/24 3:30pm | ESPN+

Two teams that have struggled offensively (and defensively) this year.  Very similar stats in MAC play.  If they contain Acuff who has struggled in MAC play, I think they have a shot.  EMU's 3P defense is worst in MAC conference allowing 40% - maybe UB finally able to put together a good game from 3.   The other x factor is that this team seems to play better on the road.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Two teams that have struggled offensively (and defensively) this year.  Very similar stats in MAC play.  If they contain Acuff who has struggled in MAC play, I think they have a shot.  EMU's 3P defense is worst in MAC conference allowing 40% - maybe UB finally able to put together a good game from 3.   The other x factor is that this team seems to play better on the road.

The only reasonable expectation is not to get blown out. 

I’m not counting on the Bulls taking advantage of EMU’s poor 3P defense.  Only 1 game all season UB has shot >40% from 3 and that was 4/9 (44%) vs Roberts Wesleyan. High vs a D-1 opponent was 35.5% (11/31) vs FDU in Game 1.  Hoping to be proven wrong and see UB come away with a road victory.  At the very least, bounce back from the embarrassing showing last time out vs Ball St and play a competitive game.

Go Bulls! 🤘

Team should start a rotation of playing/resting Adams and Chatman always at the same time

Need to start seeing what you got with the guys expected to return 

(Not advocating for less minutes for either, just think the coach should start maneuvering to see more of what will be left next season)

15 minutes ago, RapidsFan said:

In case you missed it - former St. Bonaventure captain Dom Welch signed with the Buffalo eXtreme and his first games are this weekend.

They play today in Albany at 5PM and tomorrow in Bennington at 3PM - both games will be streamed live on YouTube.

Excellent addition to the UB basketball game thread, thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

One small positive - Fulcher seems to be playing better. Not trying to do too much, not turning it over as much, he’s excellent off the bounce when driving. 

Him coming off the bench to start games seems to really work for him

Been looking the part of a Mac guard since conference play, now we just need at least one more true pg 

I watch these and say these MAC teams are horrible, then I realize we lose to these horrible teams by double figures. A truly painful season. I am hoping the women continue to improve and we have something to root for this season.

What more can be said?  UB just 8/33 (24%) from 3 against the worst team in the MAC at defending the 3.  One thing we’ve been consistent at all year is not shooting well as a team.  At least Graham got going a little at 3/8.  Once again, if Bulls could’ve managed to shoot just 40% we probably come away with a W.

UB also just 3/5 on FTs.  That’s an impossibly low number of attempts especially playing against a bad team who I imagine doesn’t usually do a great job keeping teams off the line.  

So we fall to 11th in the MAC ahead of only winless NIU.  At least we get 2 cracks at them to prove we’re not the worst team in the league 😫

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

One small positive - Fulcher seems to be playing better. Not trying to do too much, not turning it over as much, he’s excellent off the bounce when driving. 

Over last six games, he still has more turnovers than assists. 0-4 from behind the arc today. Just two made threes over last six games.  

25 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Pretty bad. No analysis beyond that. It's just plain bad.

Do you see anything that gives you optimism for next year? Recruiting? Style of play? Coaching? Players? I’m drawing a blank myself.

17 minutes ago, Chet said:

Do you see anything that gives you optimism for next year? Recruiting? Style of play? Coaching? Players? I’m drawing a blank myself.

The only thing they can offer that could be appealing is immediate playing time. It feels like our coaching staff needs an old guy. It’s all young guys learning, no experience to lean on.

31 minutes ago, Chet said:

Only thing I see is how quickly rosters can change. Yes, I’m grasping. What a disaster. 

Boldin and Sabol are good pieces to build on. Jackson, our lone recruit, looks really good to my eye. We can offer a transfer the Sy role which should be able to land a significant player.

But we just need more better players. It's that simple, we have a poor, poor roster. And our coaches are learning on the job too. Rough combo.