Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Reflecting On The 2023/2024 Men's Season And Discussing The Future.

1 hour ago, everlast2504 said:

It might be become a double edge sword for the now paid student athletes. Workers comp maxes out at around $1200 wk or 2/3 of pay. Imagine a player getting injured and the scholarship went from 100% to 66%.  It could end up saving schools money and also making them more willing to bench a player for being injured and paying them less. 

It is much more complicated than that, in setting benefit rates and New York allows for rates to go down as people recover from their injuries.  If player is "benched" but is dressing and going to practice they would not be entitled to any money, because they are still "working".

10 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

What would be the cost to UB for football then?

I have no idea if they would be a cost and if there is a cost I have no idea as I am not an underwriter.  Also it would not be football.  It would have to be the cost for every single athlete, because if one is an employee they all are employees.

Just now, Tee4three said:

Interesting, wonder what kind of interest he will garner in the portal

Yeah we'll see who needs a slow 6'6 PF whose only production came when the roster got thin enough that literally anyone had to take the shots and get the rebounds. Sorry for the snark, I just never thought he was up for this level of play.

Thus marks the end of Whitesell's players on the roster. Five of seven of GH3's initial class remain, with five newcomers incoming. Three spots are currently open. If we can find veterans at the spots we all see as needing help, I'll be pretty interested in the upcoming season.

8 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Yeah we'll see who needs a slow 6'6 PF whose only production came when the roster got thin enough that literally anyone had to take the shots and get the rebounds. Sorry for the snark, I just never thought he was up for this level of play.

Thus marks the end of Whitesell's players on the roster. Five of seven of GH3's initial class remain, with five newcomers incoming. Three spots are currently open. If we can find veterans at the spots we all see as needing help, I'll be pretty interested in the upcoming season.

Probably best for both sides. I wish him the best. 

6 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I liked him at the end of the season when they used him in post up spots and some pick n rolls

If they find 3 quality pieces to fill out the roster, the team will definitely be very intriguing 

39 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Sorry to interrupt the football chat gents.

The last option to get to being a 4 year member of the team, didn't make it though. Who was our last one? Rondo/Jeenathan? No chance for another for at least a couple more years. We'll see if any of this past year's newbies stay 3 more years. 

7 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Sorry to interrupt the football chat gents.

This surprised me. I know he hit the portal for a minute last year. I really enjoyed his run towards the end of the season, felt like he was finally putting it together and I think he's the only one on the team this season who tried to draw a charge.

Rooting for him, wherever he ends up

• Like 2