Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 WBB Offseason Transfers/Movement

Guard - Wangolo, Lewis-Williams, Take, Gines, Lopez, Watson (6)

Guard/Forward - Davis, Ogden (2)

Forward - Ojala (1)

Moving on - Elhusseini, Baron, Johnson, Craig

Uncertain - Gouzelou

Known Incoming - Barr-Budday, Rowe, Daly, Cornfield, Hartman, Thompson (6)

That would put us at (15) plus Gouzelou. I'm guessing she is done at this point unless someone else leaves. I believe there are only 14 scholarships, so not sure what that means. Maybe Ojala is moving on?

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Looks like she got lost on the bench at GW. I'm guessing she will get plenty of PT next year. Will be good to have some size and rebounding acumen. 

Great to see Coach Burke and staff seen they needed to add some size in the frontcourt to content with the other top teams with their size and athleticism. Really believe we have to have a more balanced offensive game where we can have good offensive flow down low and can rebound on both ends. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John said:

Great to see Coach Burke and staff seen they needed to add some size in the frontcourt to content with the other top teams with their size and athleticism. Really believe we have to have a more balanced offensive game where we can have good offensive flow down low and can rebound on both ends. Go Bulls!!!

This should open things up for Watson. If we can get proficient on the inside game and get our rebounding to be close to even with MAC teams, her mid-range game with flourish and if she misses we will have a much better chance at getting offensive rebounds. We will also have 3 good ballhandlers in Lopez, Freshman Rowe and transfer Cornfield. Could be a really tough team.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 1:17 PM, UBinMD said:

Guard - Wangolo, Lewis-Williams, Take, Gines, Lopez, Watson (6)

Guard/Forward - Davis, Ogden (2)

Forward - Ojala (1)

Moving on - Elhusseini, Baron, Johnson, Craig

Uncertain - Gouzelou

Known Incoming - Barr-Budday, Rowe, Daly, Cornfield, Hartman, Thompson (6)

That would put us at (15) plus Gouzelou. I'm guessing she is done at this point unless someone else leaves. I believe there are only 14 scholarships, so not sure what that means. Maybe Ojala is moving on?

D1 limits are 15 for women’s basketball. 

If all of the roster and coaching movement is done, this is a massive win for Burke and she absolutely proved me wrong. Portal is still open for about a month, but so much happens early on. Retaining the MAC FOTY and the conference’s top scorer (who I have to think has a degree by now, meaning transfer without sitting out is a possibility) is also huge. 

• Like 2

Looks like the work is still not done a offer announced to Jamisyn Heaton 5' 10 So F from College of Southern.  Undersized for what I'm hoping they bring in for front court help but her stats look solid started 30 of 33 games  12.6ppg 6.3 rpg  FT 71% 3pt 28%.  Guess this means there is a open scholarship I wonder who left? The official NLI dates are April 17- May15 with 886 in the portal and many thousands more graduating HS I'm hoping Burke and staff can sign one more 6'2+  player🤘

https://x.com/HeatonJamisyn/status/1774988407523131663?s=20
image.png.836dc5cb9a6fadd5d4ebcf61649435df.png

On 3/30/2024 at 8:15 PM, rma said:

D1 limits are 15 for women’s basketball. 

If all of the roster and coaching movement is done, this is a massive win for Burke and she absolutely proved me wrong. Portal is still open for about a month, but so much happens early on. Retaining the MAC FOTY and the conference’s top scorer (who I have to think has a degree by now, meaning transfer without sitting out is a possibility) is also huge. 

Again, any player can transfer infinity times without having to sit out. Graduate or not. 

9 hours ago, UBinMD said:

6’5 would play well in the MAC. The unfortunate part would mean someone would have to go.

6’5” would play well in the SEC too, which is where her coach just got hired 😉

27 minutes ago, rma said:

Per TBN, Ella Take, Jessica Wangolo, and Hattie Ogden entered the portal today.

Wow, Ogden is a surprise. The other 2 maybe not as much since freshman and transfers are coming in at their positions. That opens things up a bit.

in other news, Syracuse women is losing one of their solid freshman to the portal too. Nobody is above the portal.

17 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Wow, Ogden is a surprise. The other 2 maybe not as much since freshman and transfers are coming in at their positions. That opens things up a bit.

in other news, Syracuse women is losing one of their solid freshman to the portal too. Nobody is above the portal.

For someone like Hattie, I would think it has more to do with wanting to be re-recruited and see what your market is rather than unhappiness. 

6 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

For someone like Hattie, I would think it has more to do with wanting to be re-recruited and see what your market is rather than unhappiness. 

Maybe. The other two may have been encouraged to enter.

Can only hope Ogden reconsiders and stays with the team that is if she has a choice in the matter. I thought she elevated her play especially in the conference tournament. The competition for playing time between her and Hartman would have made them both better. 

Wango played well defensively when she got on the court but  at the guard position she is behind very talented guards in Lopez,KLW, Watson,cornfield and two incoming freshmen gurads

Take was injured most of the year hope she redshirt so she has 4yrs eligibility where ever she goes. 

We need front court help really bad if indeed Ogden is leaving. Another result of losing Ogden is experienced 3pt shooting. None of the existing guards other than Watson shoots the 3 well, incoming freshman Daly from what I read was above average shooter in HS. Hoping Burke and staff can pull together another winning roster🤘

Edited by NC_UBfan

While it’s surprising that this player enter the portal or that player…Coach Burke has seemingly become a pro at navigating the portal. She has made over the roster what 3 times in the two years she’s been here? How she can navigate the portal is something that will make her an attractive candidate for a bigger school.

Edited by DooleyBull06

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

While it’s surprising that this player enter the portal or that player…Coach Burke has seemingly become a pro at navigating the portal. She has made over the roster what 3 times in the two years she’s been here? How she can navigate the portal is something that will make her an attractive candidate for a bigger school.

To your point I guess every year is a rebuild year in this new era and if you can't navigate the portal then your tenure will be short... 

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Very true, she is able to find some very talented people for sure. Paige Kohler, from last year's recruiting class that completely bailed out, is a legitimate PG star at BG, so BB was right about her for sure.

31 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Anyone familiar enough with WBB to know how the other MAC programs - Toledo, Ball St, Kent - have faired?

MAC

Akron

Dacia Lewandowski, 5’11, G, Fr. (DNP)  Youngstown State

Leila Jones, 5’10, G, Fr. (0.2 ppg)

Olivia Brown, 6’1, G, Fr. (0.6 ppg)

Tahmala Thorpe, 5’4, G, Sr. (1.9 ppg)

Alexis Stewart, 5’10, G, Sr. (3.3 ppg)

Annie Watson, 6’0, F, Soph. (7.5 ppg – 2022-23)

Reagan Bass, 6’1, F, Jr. (16.4 ppg, 9.9 rpg)

Ball State

Hana Muhl, 5’8, G, Soph. (2.9 ppg)

Ana Barreto, 5’9, G, Soph. (3.6 ppg)

Bowling Green

Abbie Riddle, 5’10, G, Fr. (0.6 ppg)  Wright State

Jaci Tubergen, 5’11, G, Soph. (1 ppg)

Buffalo

Jessica Wangolo, 5’7, G, Fr. (0.2 ppg)

Ella Take, 5’11, G, Fr. (0.5 ppg)

Katie Burton, 5’9, G, Jr. (0.5 ppg – 2 games)

Chanteese Craig, 6’2, C, Jr. (1.2 ppg – 5 games)

Hattie Ogden, 6’2, G, Soph. (7.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg)

Central Michigan

Madisen Wardell, 6’0, F, Soph. (7.6 ppg, 5 rpg)

Capria Brown, 5’10, G, Jr. (7.9 ppg, 3.8 rpg)

Eastern Michigan

Nia Boston, 5’6, G, Jr. (2.1 ppg)

Treasure Thompson, 6’2, F, Jr. (5.7 ppg, 4.7 rpg)

Cali Denson, 5’8, G, Fr. (6.7 ppg)

Tayra Eke, 6’3, C, Jr. (9.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg)

Lachelle Austin, 5’7, G, Jr. (9.8 ppg)

Ce’Nara Skanes, 6’0, F, Sr. (13.1 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.8 spg — 2022-23)

Miami (OH)

Jessie Dai, 6’1, F, Jr. (0.9 ppg — 2022-23)

Jordan Tuff, 5’8, G, Sr. (1.1 ppg)

Riley Neal, 5’11, F, Soph. (2 ppg)

Maddy Huhn, 5’8, G, Fr. (2.6 ppg)

Northern Illinois

Moriah Prewitt, 5’8, G, Jr. (2.2 ppg)

Jayden Marable, 5’6, G, Sr. (11.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.1 apg)

Ohio

Laylay Fantroy, 5’11, G, Fr. (9 ppg, 3.9 rpg)

Toledo

Bella Swedlund, 5’8, G, Fr. (DNP)

Soleil Barnes, 5’6, G, Sr. (4.3 ppg)

Western Michigan

Denali Craig-Edwards, 6’1, F, Fr. (1.8 ppg)

Kaiden Glenn, 5’10, G, Jr. (2.9 ppg)