Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 Roster

4 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Good news imo. Someone shared a graphic from Evan Miya that had Fulcher as the worst D1 player in the country last season. Could you repost please?

Would like to see a power forward brought in with this last spot now.

Worst among players who played at least 950 possessions, 5.88 points per 100 possessions worse than an average D1 player
image.png.1711209af57e3c2aa922d910438f34ed.png

I wish him well wherever he goes next but if Bradford/Dunn are what people are hoping they'll be he wouldn't have played next season. That said, we learned too many ball handlers never hurt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Good news imo. Someone shared a graphic from Evan Miya that had Fulcher as the worst D1 player in the country last season. Could you repost please?

Would like to see a power forward brought in with this last spot now.

Here is sampling of some PF/C per Barttorvik.  

image.thumb.png.0f88ba5965bd072df75140b0f1496e81.png

We have been in touch with Ndur, who is from Canada!

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

A Canadian ivy 6’8 PF is the perfect fit to this group. Now we just need GH3 to turn into Coach Buttermaker and take this team all the way!

image.jpeg.80b115a9b4047154cded1282722601d3.jpeg

• Haha 2

Fulcher in the portal is crazy to me. College sports broken af. Power to the players, all day every day, but wow.

The stats in the thread are interesting definitely but I was selfishly going to use Fulcher this year as a barometer of how this GH3 staff develops players. Fulcher has good speed, showed good drive to the hoop. Turnovers and 3PT shooting were an issue, surely attributing to his bad metrics, but that can be coached, and I wanted to see if it was.

Oh well. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Feel like we desperately need another vet now.

1 hour ago, eyjee said:

Fulcher in the portal is crazy to me. College sports broken af. Power to the players, all day every day, but wow.

The stats in the thread are interesting definitely but I was selfishly going to use Fulcher this year as a barometer of how this GH3 staff develops players. Fulcher has good speed, showed good drive to the hoop. Turnovers and 3PT shooting were an issue, surely attributing to his bad metrics, but that can be coached, and I wanted to see if it was.

Oh well. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Feel like we desperately need another vet now.

I think he saw his PT going down the tubes and either not wanting to compete or didn’t feel like he could compete. The portal makes it really easy to give up these days.

8 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Did you see the 2025 barttorvik projections? Moved up from 346 to 323

Edited by TheCommish

6 hours ago, TheCommish said:

Did you see the 2025 barttorvik projections? Moved up from 346 to 323

There is still one player to add, but I would not be surprised to see all preseason rankings showing little change from this past season.   Halcovage has added players that I would imagine are hard to predict how they will play.  Ultimately we may see, next March, they were spot on and that you are right about Halcovage.  I approach being a fan a little differently than you.  I am going to hope for the best.  That means improved shooting from 3, fewer turnovers, better defense (critical!) and a more team oriented approach.  I will wait to see if my hope is rewarded.   Time will tell.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I think he saw his PT going down the tubes and either not wanting to compete or didn’t feel like he could compete. The portal makes it really easy to give up these days.

Addition by subtraction. Fulcher was one of the worst shooters I’ve seen for a PG and really wasn’t a good passer or defender. Opens up another spot to fill for a need. Correct me if I’m wrong so now the only returners from last year are Sabol, Boldin, Wilson and McVeigh?

Edited by Ubbulls84

8 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Addition by subtraction. Fulcher was one of the worst shooters I’ve seen for a PG and really wasn’t a good passer or defender. Opens up another spot to fill for a need. Correct me if I’m wrong so now the only returners from last year are Sabol, Boldin, Wilson and McVeigh?

I believe that is accurate. I also think it’s by design. Fulcher was a late add last year and staff was probably hoping for the best, but in my opinion, his departure doesn’t bother me, especially if a solid PF can be found.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I believe that is accurate. I also think it’s by design. Fulcher was a late add last year and staff was probably hoping for the best, but in my opinion, his departure doesn’t bother me, especially if a solid PF can be found.

Agree with PF being biggest need as of now. Tons of players still available in transfer portal so hopefully can land a nice big with experience.

1 hour ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Agree with PF being biggest need as of now. Tons of players still available in transfer portal so hopefully can land a nice big with experience.

The other day I heard 1200 in the portal. There has to be one 😂

16 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

There is still one player to add, but I would not be surprised to see all preseason rankings showing little change from this past season.   Halcovage has added players that I would imagine are hard to predict how they will play.  Ultimately we may see, next March, they were spot on and that you are right about Halcovage.  I approach being a fan a little differently than you.  I am going to hope for the best.  That means improved shooting from 3, fewer turnovers, better defense (critical!) and a more team oriented approach.  I will wait to see if my hope is rewarded.   Time will tell.

Don’t forget about adding some basic structure on offense. How many long contested twos will we continue to see!!!!

8 hours ago, Chet said:

Don’t forget about adding some basic structure on offense. How many long contested twos will we continue to see!!!!

I agree, Halcovage will need to improve team performance in these areas as well.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if Jo returned from the portal at this point. Not sure how things are going on his end, but he's a serviceable 4 with good leadership and experience and would keep the smallest semblance of continuity.

Open to any mobile big though.

9 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind if Jo returned from the portal at this point. Not sure how things are going on his end, but he's a serviceable 4 with good leadership and experience and would keep the smallest semblance of continuity.

I agree , would welcome Jo back.

Have some competition though.

2 hours ago, MuchMany said:

No way he returns.

3 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Dang!

3 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Dang!

3 hours ago, skrabukes said:

No way he returns.

I would agree, but would be shocked if he went to a Wake Forest level team. 

58 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I would agree, but would be shocked if he went to a Wake Forest level team. 

I did some checking the first four teams just recently got portal commits at PF.  Maybe he goes to New Mexico State or one of the more teams.

17 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

How is Sam Houston St at pf/c?

Believe that's where Foley went 

Primary PF for Sam Houston.  Their center may be done with his eligibility...so possible he goes there.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cameron-huefner-1.html

Possible he goes to North Alabama or Jacksonville St to be much closer to home.

Edited by DocCas86

With the decommittment from Fulcher our roster now looks as follows:

Guards:  Dunn, Sabol, Boldin, Akot, Bradford

Wings:  Wilson, Mcveigh, Michaels, Batchelor, Jackson

Bigs:  Mighty, Oboh

That gives us the following class breakdown:

Freshman (5):   

Bradford         

Michaels

Oboh

Jackson

Akot

Sophmores (4): 

Sabol

Boldin

Wilson

Mcveigh

Juniors (2):

Mighty

Batchelor

Seniors (1)

Dunn

At this point we have one scholarship remaining.   

My guess at starters for next season as of now with the information we have at this time:

PG: Dunn

SG: Sabol

SF: Boldin

PF:  Batchelor

Center:  Mighty

With the sole remaining scholarship I am with the others on this board, I would like to see a veteran PF who can rebound, defend and provide some toughness and leadership.  Looking at the portal there are many players out there who fit that mold.  I would be fine with Jo Smith coming back although I give very little chance of that happening.  I would prefer a big who can bang down low and be physical.  If this team can get a solid PF, I really like where this team is headed.  I can also see the staff going with another PG since we lost Fulcher and 2025 committ Cooper.  Another PG on the roster may also not be a bad idea especially if staff feels a PF as I describe is not necesary in the scheme they are looking to run.  It seems the trend in modern day basketball is to change out the traditional banger PF for a shooter who can stretch the floor, say Batchelor.  If this is the approach staff wants to take I am fine with that approach as it creates a matchup problem for the opponent.  I am interested to see where the staff goes with this final roster spot.  Go Bulls!  

If people didn't like Isaiah Adams' rebounding/defensive effort they are going to hate Noah Batchelor at the 4.

His career defensive rebound rate at Maryland was 11.1%, his block rate was 0.9%
Adams last year was at 12.3% and 1.3%, for his career at UB he was at 13.8% and 1.6%

Offensively, Batchelor was 3 for 4 at the rim in his career at Maryland (only 5.1% of his FGA).

Nothing about Batchelor is a 4 other than his height at 6'6", which is small even for the MAC

Edited by trueblue32
  • Like 2