Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

“Blue collar U” TBT

Bill

1 hour ago, clodney said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Every major institution holds their athletic alums in high regard and they roll out the red carpet in any way that they can to support them - including stuff like TBT. Just look at what Syracuse, Wichita State, and Dayton had for their teams in TBT last year. They pony up cash and their fans come out in droves. Meanwhile, we hold out because we want to earn a couple thousand bucks in profit for using the facility.

If that isn't the case and it's truly about Air Conditioning, can the school just come out and say that? Our PR has been a friggin' nightmare for the past month and a simple statement explaining the details would clear a lot of this mess up. Either way, it's still amateur hour with Alnutt in charge.

31 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

This.

UB is all over TBT when Blue Collar U is winning. They just want to sit back and reap the benefits of the team's success without looking into a more active relationship. Hopefully Coach H continues to communicate the value of an alumni network of players and this changes.

I did say it's a hill I'm willing to die on. 

I'll amended my stance a little. We need to get PR and our students in a good place first before we worry about TBT and Blue Collar U. I view TBT as step 99 in a 100 step process and we are on step 3. 

UB has a lot of work to else where first. 

4 hours ago, everlast2504 said:

UB is not going to rush an AC for in a single event over one summer. An A/C would be a capital improvement on the scale of 100s of thousands if not a few million. 

The larger assessment is what is the demand of AA as a venue in the short hot summers of Buffalo? The cost benefit analysis of it, etc. It's a lot more involved then dropping a few units in the windows. 

I know it's a hill i'm gonna die on but we need to disconnect TBT from UB. It's a great story and headline for fans. But I think we are over estimating the PR value. The focus should be on current student athletes, and NILs.

AC would be for more than a single event.  It would be for every men's and women's basketball practice, every volleyball practice, every wrestling practice, and all strength and conditioning workouts.  Our student-athletes deserve to have AC.  There were times practice would have to be canceled due to unsafe conditions in the gym.

An event like this would have been one of the best ways to potentially get this for our current athletes and coaches.

3 hours ago, everlast2504 said:

I did say it's a hill I'm willing to die on. 

I'll amended my stance a little. We need to get PR and our students in a good place first before we worry about TBT and Blue Collar U. I view TBT as step 99 in a 100 step process and we are on step 3. 

UB has a lot of work to else where first.

To each's own, man. I'm just looking at what I've seen at other power 5 schools and their commitment to their bigger alums typically pays dividends. Someone like CJ Massinburg is likely worth 7-figures and it makes absolutely no sense to shoot his endeavor down over what is likely a couple thousand dollars of potential profit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 2:52 PM, MKBullsfan said:

Anyone know when the schedule will be available and the location? 

They're going to be in Syracuse, at the OnCenter, allegedly. Tickets went on sale last weekend. I bought tix to the first 3 sessions. Weirdly, the opening round is being played on Monday, round 2 on Wednesday, and round 3 on Friday.

The only game time that had been announced was that Cuse had the prime time slot Monday. I presume they wouldn't put BCU in that match up; instead, they'll likely be in session 1 Monday for the possibility of a Cuse-Buffalo regional final. 

Edited by BrazenBull

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...