Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

These staffing hires sound top notch, I hope they are as good as they appear 

I like the fact they are coming from difference conferences and different experiences. Should make for a well rounded staff to really help the existing guys and be able to recruit from a lot of different regions and backgrounds. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. It also may set us up for the next coach as an internal hire. Lots of young people looking for their chance and some nice veteran coaches sprinkled in. Lets go Bulls!!

9 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Some of these players would likely have explored the portal regardless (Laudicina hadn't seen the field for example)

Very true, I guess it's just the timing of everything that has me thrown. We are pushing June and summer football practices are like end of July/early August. For some positions you can just move on and get plugged in, but other positions, it's not that easy even if you are a stud at your position.

Some guys may see someone with a better pedigree coming in our freshman class. Plus we haven't considered anyone that may want to come with either Mo or the numerous assistants coming in.

Could be a wild month coming up.

1 hour ago, HomeyG said:

Looking at this list there's currently 15 UB players that have already transferred to a different school or are currently in the portal. 22 would include players that are transferring in to UB or players that entered the portal and decided to come back to UB. 

• Like 2

And, of the players in the portal, only 3 have committed to other schools, and at least one of those we knew about before LL headed for KU.  I think the doom and gloom is a little premature.  Are we going to lose more than 3?  Likely.  Will we lose them all, I'm guessing, not.  

9 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

And, of the players in the portal, only 3 have committed to other schools, and at least one of those we knew about before LL headed for KU.  I think the doom and gloom is a little premature.  Are we going to lose more than 3?  Likely.  Will we lose them all, I'm guessing, not.  

My biggest concerns of the list are still OL and DL. There are 4 OL, 2 starters so we need to figure that part out. It feels like the OL Coordinator was a big influence and is now gone. That's one position coach I haven't seen anything on from Coach Mo. Maybe once we get that person locked in, we can stabilize that position.

• Like 1