Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

Hopefully Coach Mo or whomever is communicating with the players as the coaching staff get stabilized. I'm eagerly awaiting an announcement to confirm all of the guys who are supposedly joining. In this day and I age I take nothing at face value. We need more than one guy on our official coaching roster. I assume behind the scenes has deeper discussions but what we are seeing, but seems like daily 1 or 2 players enter the portal so I'm wondering what kind of stability the kids are feeling at this point.

56 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Based upon a tweet from Kansas football there is another major hoe to fill on the staff.  The Director of Football Operations, Michael Painter, has also moved on to Kansas.

Not sure what the job is, think of the least thankless job in the world, only ten times worse.

Most thankless, actually.  X10    You couldn't pay me enough for that job.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

Jacob Gall has committed to Baylor 

That's a big leap for him, hopefully it plays out to his advantage, but a big loss for us short term. Whomever was pushing him last year now needs to grab those horns and run with it.

29 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Hope he's starting. Be a real shame to transfer just to ride the bench.

I hope we hear about some players coming our way soon.

Says he's moving to guard or center. Baylor also picked up a transfer OL from Vanderbilt so they are obviously needing an upgrade or filling some holes.

23 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

I'd wager that Lance is plenty happy with $13mil. Gall will need to make the NFL for several years in order to be that happy.

If money is what makes you happy you are 100% correct. If you actually want to win football games, my money is on Gall. Plus he has a basketball school that has unrealistic football expectations breathing down his neck. Also, his interaction with donors is going to get ramped up, which doesn't seem to be his forte.

I could be completely wrong and he is the silver bullet to turn that around and they can become a respectable Big-12 team like Baylor has become, but I don't think that will be the case. A 6-6 Kansas coach maybe become a hot commodity for a Big 10 or SEC future team so he could parlay this into something better.

18 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

If money is what makes you happy you are 100% correct. If you actually want to win football games, my money is on Gall. Plus he has a basketball school that has unrealistic football expectations breathing down his neck. Also, his interaction with donors is going to get ramped up, which doesn't seem to be his forte.

I could be completely wrong and he is the silver bullet to turn that around and they can become a respectable Big-12 team like Baylor has become, but I don't think that will be the case. A 6-6 Kansas coach maybe become a hot commodity for a Big 10 or SEC future team so he could parlay this into something better.

Obviously Baylor will win more this year than Kansas.  As far as happiness goes, i could be plenty happy with 13mil, and I think most others would be as well, win or lose. Might get POed losing, but it will pass once the $100k check comes every pay period.

2 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Obviously Baylor will win more this year than Kansas.  As far as happiness goes, i could be plenty happy with 13mil, and I think most others would be as well, win or lose. Might get POed losing, but it will pass once the $100k check comes every pay period.

I just don’t know how happy you will be getting shit on all the time if your losing.