Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

What's the deal with FloHoops?

FloHoops is the exclusive streamer for the Atlantis Bahamas event this weekend. I don't mind paying (a reasonable amount) to watch but I'm very wary of any website that makes you provide your details before telling you how much you'll be charged. Does anyone here have any experience with FloHops? What do they charge and can you cancel right after you watch?

I would avoid FloHoops like the Plague, if I were you. I signed up last year. It never worked for me. I was unable to navigate its site, and never saw one second of any college basketball, let alone UB. I tried to cancel but was unsuccessful. I was unable to contact them by phone, text, or email. Every month they charged my credit card $29. I would call the bank and have the bill reversed. Finally after the 3rd or 4th month of doing that, the bank told me to destroy my credit card, and it issued me a new credit card number. 

• Like 2

Flo network is notorious for complaints from customers.  

They are a subscription service.  You sign up for a year.  You have to cancel. 

They get these minor tournaments without TV rights to lock in fans to their subscriptions.  They also do minimal production of the event.   They just have a video feed with two camera that are often manned by middle school kids.  

3 hours ago, squire17 said:

I would avoid FloHoops like the Plague, if I were you. I signed up last year. It never worked for me. I was unable to navigate its site, and never saw one second of any college basketball, let alone UB. I tried to cancel but was unsuccessful. I was unable to contact them by phone, text, or email. Every month they charged my credit card $29. I would call the bank and have the bill reversed. Finally after the 3rd or 4th month of doing that, the bank told me to destroy my credit card, and it issued me a new credit card number. 

FYI: In the future, you should ask your credit card for a virtual credit card number.  

They will issue you a temporary number for a specific purchase to prevent reoccurring charges or giving up data to a potentially unsecured website. 

10 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

The video feed has been solid over the past 2 days. The past 6 minutes of the game for ub has not, unfortunately. 

Thanks!  But, I was able to listen to South Carolina just fine.  Why can't I listen to Oklahoma?  "we have a great new app.  use our new app, it's awesome!"... BS, that's not a good way to grow the fanbase.

12 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Thanks!  But, I was able to listen to South Carolina just fine.  Why can't I listen to Oklahoma?  "we have a great new app.  use our new app, it's awesome!"... BS, that's not a good way to grow the fanbase.

Lol. I can't blame ya for being upset. Sadly, you're not missing much today.

31 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

... Sadly, you're not missing much today.

At least you get to see them, and project their performance for the rest of the season.

31 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Lol. I can't blame ya for being upset. ...

Well I'm already a fan, so you know I'll be back.  It's more disappointing to me that someone advertises that they'll do something, and then fails to follow through on that promise.  If I were a potential new fan, I might not be back.

Edited by 121Merrimac