Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB at Akron moved to JAN 1 @ 2 pm

UB92

19 minutes ago, Erie County said:

too bad. starting 0-2 wont be fun

We will probably win. We play to the level of our competition. We will likely not go into the game thinking we are better than them and will actually play close to our potential. Just my observation so far this season.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

One of the keys to this game will be perimeter defense.  Akron has averaged about 42% of field goal attempts being 3s, shooting close to 35%.  Akron has shot well recently winning 5 games in a row.  It will be interesting to see if Akron is rusty having not played since 12/15.

So far in MAC play opponents are shooting 47.4% from 3 👍🏻

27 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

So far in MAC play opponents are shooting 47.4% from 3 👍🏻

As Akron is in the upper third of 3-pt rate and 3-pt shooting percentage, this is why I am saying it is a focus for this game.  I was not stating the obvious they need to improve upon last game's performance.

11 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

One of the keys to this game will be perimeter defense.  Akron has averaged about 42% of field goal attempts being 3s, shooting close to 35%.  Akron has shot well recently winning 5 games in a row.  It will be interesting to see if Akron is rusty having not played since 12/15.

So we are screwed is what you’re saying lol

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

So we are screwed is what you’re saying lol

Not what I am saying.  Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but a poor performance in this respect not a given tomorrow.

Also if the point of this fan board  is for people that were right about Whitesell to take a victory lap the rest of the season...knock yourselves out..I will still be rooting for them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Not what I am saying.  Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but a poor performance in this respect not a given tomorrow.

Also if the point of this fan board  is for people that were right about Whitesell to take a victory lap the rest of the season...knock yourselves out..I will still be rooting for them.

No doubt. I was joking with my post. I too will be watching and rooting them on. 

3 minutes ago, Erie County said:

It's also BPI so i figured some type of calculation there

Happy new year dude 🤘

Barttorvik has it Akron -1.5.

Based on ESPN lines I got $1000 on UB +23 and the over 99. 😁

The team has to come out pissed and focused tomorrow. It's a great get right spot. Come on boys!

7 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

No doubt. I was joking with my post. I too will be watching and rooting them on. 

I realized you were jesting...guess I was caught at a bad moment and just trying to keep hope that this team will play more cohesively as a team and up to their potential.

5 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I realized you were jesting...guess I was caught at a bad moment and just trying to keep hope that this team will play more cohesively as a team and up to their potential.

Let us both hope that in order for them to see the bigger picture they have to fail first. Kinda like a tearing down and building back up. Make them realize that they can’t win playing a selfish style and they have to recommit to the coach and each other. This post might piss some ppl off lol. 

24 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Let us both hope that in order for them to see the bigger picture they have to fail first. Kinda like a tearing down and building back up. Make them realize that they can’t win playing a selfish style and they have to recommit to the coach and each other. This post might piss some ppl off lol. 

I would buy into that. I always thoughts Hoosiers was a good movie 🤣