Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron - Rescheduled 12/2 - 1 PM

UBlearns

Put $50 on Akron to cover that insane 13.5 point giveaway and got the best of both worlds. The win and the money! 

Congrats on the win, boys. It wasn't much of a season but hopefully the bowl game will elevate some spirits and help maintain some of the roster for next year so we can build on it.

• Like 2

Couldn’t watch the game due to work but judging by most of the comments on here I’m glad I didn’t put my heart through all that 😂

A win is a win but today’s performance vs the worst team in the MAC and bottom 5 team in FBS certainly doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence going into the bowl game. 

Looking at final game stats, there weren’t very many pretty numbers… 2/15 on 3rd down.  Outgained 307-287.  Net rushing yards: 23 (!).  0 snaps for Myers our leading rusher last week.  Looks like the passing game especially J. Marshall bailed us out of the 16-0 hole, though the accuracy wasn’t great at barely 50%.  And we averaged 47.7 yards on 6 punts, looks like Venneri will give us some much needed consistency in that area for the next few years.

On to the bowl game. Go Bulls! 🤘

Congratulations this Buffalo Bulls team they did more than I thought they could this season. I will admit I was wrong congratulations to everyone including Maurice Linquist and Cole Snyder who I have been critical of but it worked your bowling. This teams needs standards. Good luck in the bowl game. Again I am negative and critical at times but I give credit when credit is due. Again Buffalo sports fans saying what is the point? The point is one post season something those bums the Buffalo Sabres won’t see this season for the 12 straight year ridiculous I don’t want UB football at that loser ville level the Sabres are a embarrassment to BSF. Two UB gets an extra month of practice which is huge for the younger players development for next season. Three recruiting if you don’t make a bowl game on television today you aren’t getting the players. Players are smart today they aren’t sticking around a losing program with transfer portals today. I thank those with the UB Bulls football program for not setting us back to Kent State and Akron level that would be disastrous for UB football. Regardless of the happy talk of some UB alums let’s lose forever talk with excuses forever that is dangerous. Buffalo won’t support that let’s lose like Akron and Kent State UB needs to bowl yearly with the private money put into this program today. Those happy with let’s be 5-7 forever have higher standards like bowl games in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo and since UB are bowling how about those Bulls!!!!! Yahooooo! Party at BSF house they did it a great day for BSF! 

Edited by UB Horns Up

3 hours ago, Erie County said:

This team is so poorly coached. He really actually kicked that out of bounds on the kickoff

Agreed. Any college kicker should be able to kick a ball straight when kicking into 20 mph winds. Money Mitch was way better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, clodney said:

Put $50 on Akron to cover that insane 13.5 point giveaway and got the best of both worlds. The win and the money! 

Congrats on the win, boys. It wasn't much of a season but hopefully the bowl game will elevate some spirits and help maintain some of the roster for next year so we can build on it.

Ha, same here. I was on Akron +14.5.  Seemed like free $$ based on how both teams had been playing.  

I won’t kill the Bulls performance today.  Congrats to them for pulling out a game when things weren’t going their way for large chunks of it. I’m sure the guys are pumped up to make a Bowl game.  And who knows? maybe the Bulls show up and beat whoever they play by two TD’s ? or maybe they lose by 35? There’s really no telling with this years teams.  During the middle part of the season they looked good! 

4 hours ago, Erie County said:

Cole Snyder can't read a defense, he has no idea where his receivers are, route concepts, how to manage progressions. 

He should not be a D1 QB. Mo with normal negligence 

I’m sure the fact that the WR stopped running on the play had nothing to do with it. Even the tv talent said it. At times I wanted them to make a change but he pulled it out when they needed. 

3 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Couldn’t watch the game due to work but judging by most of the comments on here I’m glad I didn’t put my heart through all that 😂

A win is a win but today’s performance vs the worst team in the MAC and bottom 5 team in FBS certainly doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence going into the bowl game. 

Looking at final game stats, there weren’t very many pretty numbers… 2/15 on 3rd down.  Outgained 307-287.  Net rushing yards: 23 (!).  0 snaps for Myers our leading rusher last week.  Looks like the passing game especially J. Marshall bailed us out of the 16-0 hole, though the accuracy wasn’t great at barely 50%.  And we averaged 47.7 yards on 6 punts, looks like Venneri will give us some much needed consistency in that area for the next few years.

On to the bowl game. Go Bulls! 🤘

Pre-game radio said Myers is injured. So no secret weapon this game, only 1.0 yard per carry. With no Cook or Al-Jay, only Washington-of-the-2-fumbles, Ahmed, and a walk-on I had to look up (who ended up with 1 of 2 running 1st downs on the day). We all long for the fun games when the O was a dynamic 30+ ppg with long runs and Gassett gadget passes. O-Line is healthy but just isn't helping things either with untimely holds and some poor communication on blocking and assignments. So many drops early, or the completion %age would look somewhat better. Marshall saved us just as I wondered where he disappeared to the last few games; he was really due. Offord was picked on badly but our other star D players rose up just when it was needed.

Agreed, a win is a win, a bowl was the logical goal for this season, and we succeeded. Better than 2015, losing 3 straight and a 5-7 dud. Not better than 2017 6-6, no bowl, but we won 3 to end the year and, along with the snub, fueled us to 10 wins. Not sure what 2022 leads us to next in 2023.