Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2022-23 Recruiting Class

UBinMD

13 minutes ago, UBBullsFAN said:

Sounds good.....hearing some whispers about certain transfer portal candidates as well.  Suppose some higher profile personnel will make their way through given the success Coach Mo had this past season!

I guess tomorrow will be an interesting day. Mo mentioned on Twitter that commitments "have been flowing in". I guess we will see. Cobb Jr is back in the portal again. I've seen Charlotte, Troy and Akron. If he goes to Akron, I'll just have to shake my head. 🤨

5 hours ago, MuchMany said:

For an account with not so many followers, this is probably the best source for UB football recruiting news. Wish there were something like this for basketball.

6 hours ago, HomeyG said:

Why back into the portal??

Feeling like McDuffie 2.0. He went in and out a couple of times. I’m expecting Cobb not to be a Bull.

54 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

What is interesting is where the recruits are from.  There are a good number from the south that they have convinced to come to Buffalo, apparently for the same weather.  For example, it will be in the 20s in Georgia this weekend.  Also some from the plains states, including one from Kansas.

Now we have a kid from Oklahoma (RB with 2021 JUCO National Championship) and a big DL recruit from Mississippi (sounded like he lots of P5 interest). I think kids may be more willing to go different places if they like the coaches and have a chance to play.

9 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

Problem is his and his staffs coaching. He's bringing in a lot of talent but not really doing anything with it. 

We will see what Year 3 brings. We have a few coaching gaps to fill now with some guys leaving. Not sure if OC and DC are safe.

12 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

Problem is his and his staffs coaching. He's bringing in a lot of talent but not really doing anything with it. 

This stuff takes time. He’s literally had just over a year so far. He was handed a depleted roster in May in year 1. Goal is a consistent winner that competes for championships. Which we did. We can obviously be better. But if your expectations are we’ll steamroll the league you’re gonna be disappointed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

The hope is his coaching skills will develop as he gets more experience.  But having good recruits is a good place to start.   

2 hours ago, Kr632 said:

6th bowl game in program history. Only 3rd coach to do so at UB. You do realize many recruits, especially freshmen, don’t play right away, right? His first real hs recruits will be sophomores (likely redshirt freshmen) next year. We were in position to win many games and 100% should have finished. But it’s stupid to pretend like we’re the bottom of the conference. 

I admit I have blind loyalty to U of Buffalo   Yes, I have seen questioning play calling and lack of discipline for both football and basketball.  Would I like coaches to be Vince Lombardi and Red Auerbach- absolutely. I also recognize we got quite fortunate with both Lance Leopold and Nate Oates.  That all said we have good and improving teams.  Lets give our coaches some credit.  We have our best ever football recruiting class.  Yes it is Division 3 Canton, but we look improved and only getting better 

Let’s be optimistic  Let’s enjoy our progress in our holiday season let’s be respectful and supportive of our coaches and players 

Go Bulls 

• Like 3

UB Signings as of now 

OL Nick Beans, transfer from Notre Dame college (MEC), first team all conference 

LB Joe Andreessen, Transfer from Bryant (FCS), 1st team all American FCS 

OL Trevor Brock, JUCO national champion at Iowa Western CC. Originally committed to Toledo, has offers from Kent, Georgia Southern and Old Dominion 

OL Jamarr Davis, 3 star recruit, third highest rated recruit to date. JUCO Northwest Mississippi. Held offers from App State, Coastal Carolina and Marshall 

RB Lamar Sperling, Mr. Ohio football, 3 star recruit. Held a offer from Kentucky as well according to 247 

CB Jayden Lewis, local product, three star recruit, held offers from Boston College and Temple 

TE Andrew Schnackenberg, JUCO Coffeyville, held offer from Eastern Kentucky and Northwestern state 

RB Dylan Kedzior, JUCO Hutchinson CC, KJCCC player of the year, held offers from Ball State, old dominion and UTEP 

WR Qua Sanders, JUCO Jones County, held offers from New Mexico, Southern Illinois and Nicholls State 

DE Devonyal Lofton, JUCO East Mississippi, all region selection, held offers from Kansas, Kansas State and UAB 

TE Mitch Viviano, held offers from Robert Morris and Eastern Illinois 

WR Jevell Fugerson. 3 star recruit, held offers from UCF, Michigan State, Georgia Tech and middle Tennessee 

DL Junior Poyser, Canadian HS, held offers from UNH and Sacred Heart 

DB Charles McCartherens, offers from Holy Cross, Gardner Webb and Columbia 

OL Henry Tabansi, offers from Temple, Toledo and Bowling Green 

WR/RB Messiah Burch, 3 star recruit, offers from Coastal Carolina, Umass and Army 

LB/DE Nick Roy, 3 star recruit, offers from Troy, Georgia Southern and UAB 

QB Mason Cumbie, 3 star recruit. Held offers from Kent State, Old Dominion and Army 

RB Jamari Ford, 3 star recruit, offers from Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse and Ole miss 

LB Dion Crawford, 3 star recruit, offers from Michigan, Florida State, and Arkansas 

• Thanks 7