Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Michigan State Game

Windycityfan

6 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

Hanging around with some big shots from Adams. He looks ready for MAC play If he can score a little more consistently like this

I think he will be able to get inside easier against Mac teams which should open his shot up a bit too, plus if Jack continues to progress should make getting inside easier for everyone 

3 minutes ago, Erie County said:

UB has scored 4 points to end the game since the 9 minute mark.

Do we know why we scheduled a really tough out of conference schedule? I like what Ohio and Kent do. 1-2 hard and then 10 cupcakes. 

I still dont think losing 5 times by 20+ helps you

Sooooo many empty possessions in the last 10 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Erie County said:

UB has scored 4 points to end the game since the 9 minute mark.

Do we know why we scheduled a really tough out of conference schedule? I like what Ohio and Kent do. 1-2 hard and then 10 cupcakes. 

I still dont think losing 5 times by 20+ helps you

I like it, it gives the team an idea of where they need to get to. Especially for a team that has the potential to return everyone but Foster. 

Challenging them let's them know the coaching staff trusts and believes in them

• Thanks 1

OOC is done.  

I don’t think, as a whole, what happened in the OOC has changed predictions about the conference games.  

I would anticipate almost all scenarios have UB winning between 7 and 11 of their 18 conference games.  That probably covers like 95% of all outcomes for this team.  Hopefully I am surprised in a good way, though.  

10 hours ago, UB92 said:

OOC is done.  

I don’t think, as a whole, what happened in the OOC has changed predictions about the conference games.  

I would anticipate almost all scenarios have UB winning between 7 and 11 of their 18 conference games.  That probably covers like 95% of all outcomes for this team.  Hopefully I am surprised in a good way, though.  

Personally I am leaning toward 10-11 which is where I was at the beginning of the season.  Jones, Powell and Adams have shone scoring ability, are they able to contribute on a consistent basis?  Hopefully they get Powell back in the lineup sooner rather than later.  After that there are some unknowns that could result in more or less wins including: does Chatman return, and if so how does he fit in.   Can Foster find his niche.  What do they get from Jack, Mading, Blocker and Ceaser.  My overall range is 9-12 wins.   We will get a sense soon enough, with upcoming game with Ohio at home, which is a game you have to find a way to win if you want to be near the top of three standings.

5 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Personally I am leaning toward 10-11 which is where I was at the beginning of the season.  Jones, Powell and Adams have shone scoring ability, are they able to contribute on a consistent basis?  Hopefully they get Powell back in the lineup sooner rather than later.  After that there are some unknowns that could result in more or less wins including: does Chatman return, and if so how does he fit in.   Can Foster find his niche.  What do they get from Jack, Mading, Blocker and Ceaser.  My overall range is 9-12 wins.   We will get a sense soon enough, with upcoming game with Ohio at home, which is a game you have to find a way to win if you want to be near the top of three standings.

I'm on the optimistic side of things but I think this team could catch fire late, where a guy like chatman could be the addition needed to really get the team going.

So many plays seem to either end up as turnovers on the offensive side of things and easy baskets on defensive side of things due to our 5 spot 

Haven't really seen anything from other Mac teams besides Kent st that seem impressive

I thought this team played hard and is just appears much improved from the start of the season. If Zid is back and playing at his best, the team will definitely pose a challenge in every game in the MAC. The team seems to give off a lot more positive energy overall as a unit than the past couple of years. The previous teams tended to have a few "negative nellies" with a lot of bad body language both on the floor and bench. If Chatman can add to the team, it will only improve their chances. If not, I think this team can still contend in every game. I'd love to see this group catch fire early and rattle off 3 or 4 in a row to build some great momentum as the students return.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Agreed with all of this. Looks like we may be a home dog against Ohio, but I’m good with that. I think JW will have them ready 

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Agreed with all of this. Looks like we may be a home dog against Ohio, but I’m good with that. I think JW will have them ready 

Let's hope so, would be great to start MAC play with a win, plus need to win those home games.

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1

We fully enjoyed the experience being at the game.  It was great to see our Bulls in person. I proudly wore my Buffalo sweatshirt with my wife and son wearing their MSU tops- both MSU grads.  I have been to many MSU football and a few basketball games always with full and energetic crowds.  This was so special given my Bulls.

Buffalo hung in there for most of the game.  I was very impressed with our defensive play in the first half. MSU is a good team and was much bigger and quicker.

I am optimistic.  We will be most competitive in the MAC.

Let's get a win and beat Ohio.

Go Bulls and Happy New Year 

• Like 1