Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Game Thread: UB @ Northern Illinois: 2/28, 8:00 PM Eastern

UB92

While I have boycotted posting (mostly...) on the bball board until we have the "next coach in", I still read this board.  I checked here and assumed we didn't have a game tonight.  But apparently we do...in a few minutes.

UB is a road favorite.

14 minutes ago, UB92 said:

While I have boycotted posting (mostly...) on the bball board until we have the "next coach in", I still read this board.  I checked here and assumed we didn't have a game tonight.  But apparently we do...in a few minutes.

UB is a road favorite.

I think we have more people on our bench than they have fans in the stadium.

9 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Games are fun when we hit 3s

Makes it tough when we only really have two consistent threats from behind the arc. Although coming into tonight Hardnett was leading the Bulls in 3-Pt FG% 😂

image.thumb.jpeg.75eac43d33cc64459ae710a7a40260ea.jpeg

Edited by Bluebird96

6 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Looks like they will hang on and guarantee a Kent or Akron game in the first round.

I'd much rather have Kent. I dont think they have a shot against Akron/Toledo

Maybe whoever we play can add a direction to their name. Directional schools seem to be the only ones we can beat.

• Haha 1

With the Bulls win and Ohio losing tonight UB sits 1 game out of the 5 seed now. Not very likely that Ohio will lose at home vs BGSU this weekend, but if they choke and UB beats MOH, I wonder who the tiebreakers would favor since we split the season series with the Bobcats.

Edited by Bluebird96

2 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

With the Bulls win and Ohio losing tonight UB sits 1 game out of the 5 seed now. Not very likely that Ohio will lose at home vs BGSU this weekend, but if they choke and UB beats MOH, I wonder who the tiebreakers would favor since we split the season series with the Bobcats.

I believe since Ohio beat Akron once they would end up with the tiebreaker (best record vs top teams). Not 100% sure on that though. 

Just now, DaBulls99 said:

I believe since Ohio beat Akron once they would end up with the tiebreaker (best record vs top teams). Not 100% sure on that though. 

Yeah, with our track record vs the top teams I wouldn’t doubt that Ohio would win the tiebreaker. Probably a moot point since I don’t see BG beating them. But stranger things have happened in the MAC 

1 hour ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

I think Kent beats Akron and Ball St. beats Toledo at home, giving Kent the 1 seed.

So I think we’ll either be playing Akron, Toledo, or Ball St. Most likely Akron, who has our number.

I think Akron beats Kent in the Championship.

Oh what I would give to play ball state instead of the others.

9 hours ago, Blue03 said:

Oh what I would give to play ball state instead of the others.

I think JW intentionally threw the games against Akron so they would be overconfident in the tournament and then our real game plan with come out and we will win 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I think JW intentionally threw the games against Akron so they would be overconfident in the tournament and then our real game plan with come out and we will win 🤣

Just Zippy’s face haunting my dreams. Penetrating my soul

1 hour ago, Erie County said:

Ohio has the tiebreaker over UB and NIU and in a three way tiebreaker as well. 

Ball state vs Ohio is locked in as the 4-5 game

If Toledo loses in a meaningless games for Ball State and Akron and UB loses, they'd matchup in the 2-7

Wouldn't Akron have to win to be the 2 seed?  Also, why so negative and only present scenario where the Bulls lose.  I think the more likely scenario is Akron loses, UB wins and they play as 3-6 seeds.   Either way the seed does not matter much, as UB would likely have to get through Akron, Kent and Toledo in some order.  I will be pulling for them regardless of who they play.

7 hours ago, UBinMD said:

As they always say in the NFL, it’s tough to beat a team 3x in one season. Not saying I feel great about the prospect of having to face the Zips yet again, but in my optimistic mind I have to have some kind of hope that the Bulls could get hot at the right time and finally take a Top 3 MAC team down. It would take a team effort, and most certainly would require Curtis to get back to playing like we’re used to seeing and live up to his cool nickname 😂