Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB MBB vs Iona 11/22 11am

DocCas86

On 11/23/2023 at 11:37 AM, DaBulls99 said:

I don’t read into anything on Cage’s IG post. We’re getting whooped on the recruiting trail bc of NIL and we have none to give. That’s all I read. Heard GH is putting some things in motion, though. This is painful, but hopefully brighter days ahead. 

The one optic that was obvious right when we hired GH was his connections. NBA players and the likes of Jay Wright in the basketball world pulling for him. So it seemed he had all the right places to get edges on recruiting and exposure.

I still expect that to shake out.

People are getting a bit upset after each loss, understandably, but we definitely need to give GH time to see what hes got planned long term here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

The one optic that was obvious right when we hired GH was his connections. NBA players and the likes of Jay Wright in the basketball world pulling for him. So it seemed he had all the right places to get edges on recruiting and exposure.

I still expect that to shake out.

People are getting a bit upset after each loss, understandably, but we definitely need to give GH time to see what hes got planned long term here.

Losing isn’t the main reason people are upset (at least me). It’s the way they are losing. There seems to be no offensive or defensive game plan. I was hoping we would at least play tough D (All Grit, etc) but that is almost as bad as our offense. We have been digging ourselves 20-30 point holes then play about even. Even if yoU don’t have the talent you want, there should be a plan.

the question is, is there no plan, can the guys not execute the plan or are they not buying in? Got to be one of those.

Lets hope for progress!🤘🏻🤘🏻

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:49 AM, Tee4three said:

This is what I don't get, I can handle the ok development and miss reads and other breakdowns that come with freshman and an entire new team

This team has zero structure. Zero. No offensive structure and no defensive structure. Looks like a bad intermural game at the triple gym 

We went from a team that had talent/athletes with no structure to a team that looks devoid of both 

This team isn’t entirely new. 

15 minutes ago, Bullsboys said:

This team isn’t entirely new. 

What? There are only 4 players on the team that returned from last season. We lost 74% of our point production, 71% of rebounding, 83% of our assists, and 77% of our steals. Kanye Jones is the only guard we have left from last year and he barely saw action. And those 4 players who returned? Well, so far they have all increased their points, rebounds, and assists per game and now contribute nearly 50% of the team's total scoring. 

This team is brand new and it's wayyyy too early to spout off on Halcovage with such a fresh roster. The only valid complaint I've heard is that he didn't pick up a solid guard to run the point. This conference is ubilt on guard play and for the first time since I can remember our top 3 scorers are all Forwards.

• Like 2