Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Shaun Dolac enters the portal

promotherobot

• promotherobot changed the title to Shaun Dolac enters the portal
Just now, promotherobot said:

I can't blame any good player for leaving. If it looks as bad as it does to us, what does it look like in the locker room. Mo & Alnutt killed Bulls football.

This is a crusher, especially with Adreessen having no eligibility left. Can't blame him and we will see him on Sundays. 

• Like 1

This unfortunately is the new reality the MAC and the Group of 5 is basically the farm system of the Power 4. And FCS is the farm system for the MAC and the Group of 5. UB Bulls took the New Hampshire QB. New Hampshire fans are probably feeling the same way we do about losing UB Bulls players. But there is a lesson not all transfers find greater success in their new homes. For every K.J. Osborn that was successful at Miami Hurricanes ACC and drafted by the Minnesota Vikings there are the Kyle Lofton the star point guard of the St Bonaventure Bonnies that transferred from St Bonaventure after graduating and basically a flop with the Florida Gators SEC last season. All that great Bonnies iron five were flops at Power 4 schools. So was it the Bonnies players or did the Bonnies players benefit from a great coach in Mark Schmidt that got the best out of what he had to work with. So I agree with Deion Sanders the transfer portal is a huge risk. As an athlete I am not transferring getting behind in school and there are no guarantees I am making pros anyway. If I am good enough to go professional they will find me at UB if I am good enough. I am not just saying that because I am a UB Bulls fan. I just don’t see the point to basic transfer for one or two thousand dollars in NIL money. If I graduated that is a little different but I would probably go to graduate school where I am comfortable already. $1,000 to $2,000 NIL money wouldn’t be enough to pack my bags and transfer to a new system and coach that I don’t know. If you are good enough to go pro they will find you at UB in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

26 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

UB football is in a terrible place right now.

Agreed Maurice Linquist is helping himself potentially getting fired with another bad season. If Maurice Linquist goes 3 or 4 wins again potentially in 2024 I don’t see how UB Bulls athletics brings Maurice Linquist back for more in 2025. I think UB Bulls fans are going to see potentially a lot of FCS players and Junior college players brought in for next season because players know now Maurice Linquist is on the coaching hot seat for his UB Bulls head coaching job. Maybe that will work maybe it won’t but the party is almost over for the Maurice Linquist era of UB Bulls football. You can see it in slow motion and there is nothing you can do about it but watch the destruction of the UB Bulls football program like what Jim Whitesell did to the UB Bulls basketball program. UB Bulls football are looking at a 5 year total rebuild of UB Bulls football the clock of five years starts the day after Maurice Linquist is fired so no bowls for UB Bulls football potentially until 2030. College football is harder to rebuild than college basketball. I know it’s going to be almost another 5 or 6 years 2030 before UB Bulls are going to be in a position to bowl again in the MAC. Which is really sad but it helps UB Bulls won three bowls so we have those good memories to hold onto as UB Bulls football fans in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, UBlearns said:

Truthfully, it's the best move for his future.  He'll get a look at a major program or two, try to increase his NFL draft prospects, probably some NIL money along with it.  I wish him the best.

He’s been a loyal rock for the program. He worked hard and did great things here, he’s earned himself a shot at something better and he’s earned our support in doing so

4 hours ago, Blue03 said:

He’s been a loyal rock for the program. He worked hard and did great things here, he’s earned himself a shot at something better and he’s earned our support in doing so

100% I’m completely behind him. I just hope he says Buffalo sometimes when he is announcing himself on MNF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

Dolac was solid but too slow to cover. Won’t catch on in the pros. Wish him the best but we were better covering after he went down. Tackling was another story…

Hey, we love these guys and they represent UB very well.  But there are a lot dilusional players in todays world about their NFL dream.  They should be chasing their next professional via education.

Although, there may be a nice payday in a lower tier Power 4 team (i.e, Iowa State, Kansas, etc.), but the big boys in College Football have players that have it all (size, speed, mental toughness, etc.).  

Edited by Sportsfan

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bowz said:

To Utah State..  I beleive Joe Cauthen is the Defensive Coordinator there...  Not sure if he had other offers..

Meh, not much of a step up honestly. I think he assume P5 teams were going to be knocking and I think he probably had too much pride to try and come back to UB. I hope he does well. Maybe a late round draft pick.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Weird if the below is true…

Hopefully that's not the main reason Dolac selected Utah St. a nice NIL check would make me feel better for a player like him doing a lateral move.

6 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

This is true, but I've heard that there is another defensive coach at Utah State that Dolac was impressed with and he plans on honoring that commitment.  We'll see if that holds up.

I assume his thought process is that Utah St is a better path to the NFL for him?