Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB @ Toledo | 1/16 7pm | ESPN+

Another road game against the second ranked team in the MAC.  Toledo is coming off a 5 point win against Ball St.  Current spread is 15.5 points. Toledo is once again among the best offensive teams in the MAC.  They shot high percentage for both 2-pointers and 3-pointers.    UB will need to find a way to slow Toledo down and to find a way to take advantage of a somewhat porous Toledo defense.

Akron slept through the first half of the last game against UB and, I strongly suspect, the Toledo coach will use that to fire up his guys against at team more than 200 slots behind them in the NET Rankings.

Even on a sort of bad night for Akron where UB showed some hope, they still lost by 17.   

I am not sure what the number will be tonight, but I expect a little more focus out of Toledo early on and a wider gap at halftime than the Akron game.  

I'd like to see Boldin get more touches.  I mean, the guy played 24 minutes last game and had 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 turnovers, and 0 fouls.  

The one thing I see is that Toledo tends to give up more points to guards relative to their competition (that is, if you trust my math... which...). Maybe Sabol, Boldin, and Fulcher find themselves open and if Sabol gets hot... who knows. My expectations are at the floor.

In my estimation, Toledo or Akron will be representing the MAC in March, so, another tough one here.

I hope we cover.

I hope they prove me wrong and win.

Go Bulls 🤘

2 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Good half overall. Some sloppiness,  but being tied is great. We'll see whether or not Kowalczak shows GH3 his experience during the 2nd half, or if this can be his coming out party.

Hope you are on the edge of your seat for the second half.

Every time I see Graham or McVeigh on the floor it reminds me of the Nickelberry era where I'm just sitting here hoping we survive these minutes. Is there any news on Kanye? Also not sure why Zaakir isn't in the rotation I feel like he's been giving us career best minutes recently

e: Zaakir must be hurt(?). I think I see him in civilian clothes on the bench

Edited by eyjee

Still waiting for the version of Graham who shot 43% from 3 at MoSt.  He’s down to 5.9% at UB (1/17) including tonight’s 0/3 thus far.  If we could get anything from him and Adams could return to last year’s form for the rest of this season, we’d be in business 

Edited by Bluebird96

3 minutes ago, eyjee said:

Every time I see Graham or McVeigh on the floor it reminds me of the Nickelberry era where I'm just sitting here hoping we survive these minutes. Is there any news on Kanye? Also not sure why Zaakir isn't in the rotation I feel like he's been giving us career best minutes recently.

Good call on Nickelberry. Graham and he are similar. Totally appear to be the part and then offer far far less. Kanye no show. Z in street clothes. McVeigh is just so pedestrian out there. 

Just now, Bluebird96 said:

Still waiting for the version of Graham who shot 43% from 3 at MoSt.  He’s down to 5.9% at UB (1/17) including tonight’s 0/3 thus far.  If we could get anything from him and Adams could return to last year’s form, we’d be in business 

I have no idea how he scored points at Missouri st

I do like his defense and effort level though