Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB vs NIU | Fri 3/8/24 @ 7pm | ESPN+

The grand finale.  NIU favored by 1.5

Last time they faced each other UB lost by 4 with an atrocious 9/22 performance at the foul line. 

What’s at stake:

1) Neither team is going to Cleveland.

2) Bulls have already clinched DFL in the MAC

3) Huskies have already clinched 2nd-to-DFL.

With a win:

1) UB would avoid setting a new record for losses in their D1 history (currently tied at 26 with the ‘91-92 team)

2) UB would avoid tying their 2nd worst conference record since joining the MAC (2-16 in 2000-01 & 2002-04; worst was 1-17 in ‘98-99)

3) UB would end the season on a high note and give fans a glimmer of hope for the ‘24-25 season (maybe?)

Go Bulls! 🤘

I am watching this game solely because it will be what, 8 months until UB Ball is back in action(?) and I know I'll miss it, regardless of how this season has gone.

There's a quote from the movie Garden State where Zach Braff's character talks about not feeling at home when he's home, but still being homesick for it and he says "it's like being homesick for a place that doesn't exist anymore."

If I had to pick a way to summarize the way I feel about UB Ball right now it would have to be that. I yearn for the Hurley days. The Oats days. Players absolutely jacked up to win the hard hat. That was UB Ball. That was home. That is gone.

Or maybe I just miss being in my 20s... the world may never know 😅

GH3 you've got a lot to prove this off-season.

40 more minutes. Go Bulls 🤘

• Like 3

Literally no words for Sy getting himself T'd up twice and ejected. I honestly think this is also a really bad look for GH3 not being able to keep his players' heads in the game. How as a coach do you not get that under control before it spirals?

998 career points. Ejected on senior night. Will never play competitive ball on USA soil again.

That's... well... that's what this season has been.

8 minutes ago, rma said:

Anybody catch what happened to get him ejected?

Broadcast sounded confused. Didn't show a single replay. Doesn't seem like Lenzi is at this game tonight since she's not tweeting it. I don't think we'll ever know.

Posted (edited)

Does Jo have another year of eligibility left? If so would like to see him come back. Solid rebounder and shot blocker, 80+% from the line, and a bonus this year was his newfound 3-pt stroke.  1/1 tonight, now 16/42 (38.1%) on the season.  One of the only bright spots on the season imo

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eyjee said:

Sabol getting some good last minute film for the transfer portal 😏

Hoping you are wrong...would like to see all four freshman stick around for another year.  I guess we will see soon enough how much of a rebuild GHIII has to do.  It is going to be a major effort for sure.

4 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Hoping you are wrong...would like to see all four freshman stick around for another year.  I guess we will see soon enough how much of a rebuild GHIII has to do.  It is going to be a major effort for sure.

Kudos to this fan at the end of the game.

IMG_4333.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

The further he gets from his time at Villanova, the harder it will be to sell recruits/transfers/JUCO’s on his championship pedigree especially coming off a 4-27 season in one of the weaker mid major conferences.  Hope he finds a way to at least get double digit wins next year and keep building the program back up, but if he can’t turn things around quickly you have to wonder where his career will go from Buffalo? 

Edited by Bluebird96

5 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Beyond zero chance Jo comes back

5 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Beyond zero chance Jo comes back

I’m ok with that too, the more scholarships open the better. The assistant coaches should be scouring rosters right now getting ready for the portal to open.

At least they were consistent. Winning or losing to the 320th ranked KenPom team today doesn’t change anything for me. Just brutal all the way around. This team and staff need so much. Hope I’m wrong, but I would bet I’m not. 

Edited by Chet
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chet said:

At least they were consistent. Winning or losing to the 320th ranked KenPom team today doesn’t change anything for me. Just brutal all the way around. This team and staff need so much. Hope I’m wrong, but I would bet I’m not. 

I hope the staff takes an honest inventory all around of what went so tragically wrong. They have all been at successful programs, so I would like to think they have seen it done well. This was not the season.

i really think we need a veteran coach on the bench. They need to look at everything from practice plans, player development, team building, creating a culture (like blue collar, etc) and getting in the right players for the system they intend to run.

This season was brutal and it’s hard to imagine it will get worse, but they have a long road ahead to even get to .500. On a positive note, we might be able to get a higher ranked team or two to come to Alumni next year. 

2 hours ago, eyjee said:

Literally no words for Sy getting himself T'd up twice and ejected. I honestly think this is also a really bad look for GH3 not being able to keep his players' heads in the game. How as a coach do you not get that under control before it spirals?

998 career points. Ejected on senior night. Will never play competitive ball on USA soil again.

That's... well... that's what this season has been.

Did not look like Chatman wanted to play as he had no energy and was barely moving and Adam’s was pretty close to the same. UB had no one that could guard Coit. Was very strange that UB started out the game in a zone defense which was  terrible and understand that they could not guard any of the NIU players who were quicker and more athletic.. When you don’t barely play a zone all year and to go to a zone makes no sense at all. Another game like so many this year where they got within 5 points and turned the ball over and had bad offensive plays on several possessions. Hope springs eternal and hope we hear some positive news with this program.