Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#20 UB @ EMU (1/4 - 9:00pm ET)

Kevin

16 minutes ago, pottier25 said:

So Eastern is supposed to be good in the MAC, and UB goes there, doesnt play great and wins by 20. Pretty impressive.

Many times the pre season predictions for teams don’t turn out the way the experts think. That’s why they have to play the games. Not really sure what your will get from teams after a long time between games. Another good team win with different players having good games. McRae has quietly been shooting the ball better and his rebounding has improved. He still has a tendency to get into foul trouble though. Harris had another tough shooting night but always seems to help in other aspects of his game. Agree not a great game overall but still shot 50% from the field and only lost the rebounding battle 42-39. Still concerning was the 3 point shooting and only 59% from the free throw line. Looking forward to a big, boisterous, enthusiastic and sellout crowd against Toledo on Tuesday.

16 minutes ago, pottier25 said:

I agree preseason predictions dont always mean much but they returned I think 3 starters and have 4 seniors and were 11-7 last year in conference so they should be pretty good. But even at home they were no match for UB.

Also agree and that’s why on paper EMU appeared like it could be a tough game. Predictions and forecasts are just that. Look what Harris did last year and how he has struggled with his shot all year and Reese of Canisius with the season he had last year was the pre season pick for MAAC player of the year. He has had so far just a terrible year shooting and still has not found his shooting touch. With UB’s maturity and this coaching staff we can overcome some off games by players so again let’s enjoy this ride and Go Bulls!!!!

3 minutes ago, pottier25 said:

Any 20 point road win in conference is good to me.

100% agree. Any win especially on the road is a good win. As coach has said that your shooting can be off but your defense should always be there. Good defense pressure can lead to good offense. This team just seems to be able to sustain good defensive pressure and they have the mental makeup to keep at it. Go Bulls!!!!

8 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Neither is Miami but Hodgson said it’s one of the toughest places in the MAC to get a win

Exactly. Travel. I heard UB bused there? Yuck. EMU used to be the death of us, even with average teams. Glad to get that one out of the way. 

Eastern Michigan is actually one of the easier road trips in the MAC. Outside of Akron and Kent every school is further. Pretty sure we bus to most.

what happened to JT4?  Can anyone else think of a 4 year starter that got worse every year?  He went from looking like a NBA player as a frosh to a player that is an afterthought on the offense on a team that needs offense. Weird.

10 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

Eastern Michigan is actually one of the easier road trips in the MAC. Outside of Akron and Kent every school is further. Pretty sure we bus to most.

what happened to JT4?  Can anyone else think of a 4 year starter that got worse every year?  He went from looking like a NBA player as a frosh to a player that is an afterthought on the offense on a team that needs offense. Weird.

JT4 has a bad attitude on the floor, as has had that attitude all four years at EMU. I'm certainly no fan of his. He plays dirty at times in my opinion and pouts when things aren't going his way. Thankfully our players don't play that way!

On 1/4/2019 at 3:57 PM, clodney said:

Ahhh yes, CBSSN - the network that refuses to stream so nobody under the age of 50 can watch. I can't wait to go to an empty New England bar at 9pm to ask if they'll turn on a MAC basketball game.

Actually the game was streamed.  It was available through the CBS Sports app.  It works like ESPN3.  You need a cable or satellite provider to be able to stream it.

• Like 2

• Jeseph unpinned this topic