Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo at Vanderbilt (12/3 @ 8 pm)

MaineBull

3 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I’m becoming more and more convinced this team will not even compete in the MAC let alone win it.

All that matters is a handful of games in Cleveland.  I remember an 8 seed that won the whole damn thing when Ohio and Central Michigan looked unstoppable.

1 minute ago, rma said:

All that matters is a handful of games in Cleveland.  I remember an 8 seed that won the whole damn thing when Ohio and Central Michigan looked unstoppable.

They can get their act together before then hopefully.  I am not losing all hope because of this game.... but they need a lot of work.

I love how some are giving up on this team now. March is still many months away. We aren’t the favorites to win the MAC. We have nothing to lose. It all comes down to Cleveland. But until then growth is the most important thing. Today was are taking our lumps. But wow to give up on this team now geez.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I love how some are giving up on this team now. March is still many months away. We aren’t the favorites to win the MAC. We have nothing to lose. It all comes down to Cleveland. But until then growth is the most important thing. Today was are taking our lumps. But wow to give up on this team now geez.

I agree.... this a bad game, not unexpected.  It is tough to watch, but hopefully they learn from this.  Agree that the goal for this team is to position themselves for postseason and win in Cleveland.

• Like 2

It didn't feel to me like they lacked effort tonight, it just seems as though we were outgunned. Shots weren't falling and there are some concerning defensive liabilities at multiple positions on our roster. This is feeling a lot like Oats' first year where consistency is hard to come by week to week. There's makings of a capable MAC squad but there are more ugly games to come before they're ready. 

10 minutes ago, lederh94 said:

I think it is more Buffalo beating themselves than anything Vanderbilt is really doing.

Buffalo is beating themselves but gotta give  Vanderbilt some credit. They are playing hard. I haven't watched a game this year where a team played as hard as they are right now

1 minute ago, BasketBull said:

It didn't feel to me like they lacked effort tonight, it just seems as though we were outgunned. Shots weren't falling and there are some concerning defensive liabilities at multiple positions on our roster. This is feeling a lot like Oats' first year where consistency is hard to come by week to week. There's makings of a capable MAC squad but there are more ugly games to come before they're ready. 

Not saying this team will get there -- here some food for thought.

MAC Record Oats first year 10-8

Seed MAC tournament - #3

Bad Game in Nate Oats first year - 20 point loss to W. Mich (#209) - https://ubbulls.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2015-16/western-michigan/boxscore/800

Point is... I know it is hard to watch, but got to move on and look to learn / progress.

1 hour ago, squire17 said:

It’s going to be a long year. Let’s start with Jordan: Great ability to dish, but also a turnover machine and can’t make foul shots. Mballa: Poor foul shooter, not very quick off the dribble. And these are two of the better players. They like to chuck it up from 3, but they are not that good. They will be in a lot of games, but will lose many: poor from the foul line, poor interior presence, poor 3 point shooting - which they rely on. This team will be a .500 team in MAC play.

I could not disagree with these two statements more.  This is a young team with a new coach that needs time to play together to improve.  Give them time, no need to jump off the cliff after one poor outing.

• Like 3