Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Samuel Akot

Looks pretty athletic from his highlight tape, which is mostly dunks. Looks very skinny for a D1 player but he has time to build up strength. Doesn’t seem like he has any other D1 offers which is concerning, but maybe we’ve found a diamond in the rough we can develop. 

28 minutes ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

Looks pretty athletic from his highlight tape, which is mostly dunks. Looks very skinny for a D1 player but he has time to build up strength. Doesn’t seem like he has any other D1 offers which is concerning, but maybe we’ve found a diamond in the rough we can develop. 

A lot of Canadian players go under the radar, especially if they stay up in Canada for HS. This kid is an absolute baller 

• Like 1

All my ranting and raving about recruiting Canada is being rewarded. Let's see if the staff or I know what the hell we're doing and if these guys are any good!

Family is from South Sudan. Came to Canada in 2000 before Sam was born.

(Again - Sabol, Boldin, McVeigh, Wilson all follow the kid immediately)

https://www.themapleminute.com/post/tony-house-s-canada-top-flight-program-primed-for-success-in-upcoming-season

Sam Akot – 6'7, 2024 W

Akot, with interest from Division 1 schools like Stonehill, Marshall, and Pepperdine, is a talented wing player. With his athleticism and versatility, he is set to make a significant impact on the team this season. He will be coming off an impressive season with Red Rush during the AAU circuit. I had the chance to see Sam play in person at the Ball Don't Stop High School Showcase game at the Toronto Pan-Am Centre earlier this month & he thoroughly impressed by my standards. I can't help but draw a recency bias comparison to the newest member of the Minnesota Timberwolves, Leonard Miller. The frame and the way he moves on the court reminded me a lot of the G-League standout. I think Sam Akot could be a dark horse to compete for a spot in the top 10 in the country when the 2024 season concludes.

Edited by MuchMany

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

All my ranting and raving about recruiting Canada is being rewarded. Let's see if the staff or I know what the hell we're doing and if these guys are any good!

Family is from South Sudan. Came to Canada in 2000 before Sam was born.

(Again - Sabol, Boldin, McVeigh, Wilson all follow the kid immediately)

https://www.themapleminute.com/post/tony-house-s-canada-top-flight-program-primed-for-success-in-upcoming-season

Sam Akot – 6'7, 2024 W

Akot, with interest from Division 1 schools like Stonehill, Marshall, and Pepperdine, is a talented wing player. With his athleticism and versatility, he is set to make a significant impact on the team this season. He will be coming off an impressive season with Red Rush during the AAU circuit. I had the chance to see Sam play in person at the Ball Don't Stop High School Showcase game at the Toronto Pan-Am Centre earlier this month & he thoroughly impressed by my standards. I can't help but draw a recency bias comparison to the newest member of the Minnesota Timberwolves, Leonard Miller. The frame and the way he moves on the court reminded me a lot of the G-League standout. I think Sam Akot could be a dark horse to compete for a spot in the top 10 in the country when the 2024 season concludes.

I thought Jack was a good get. Hopefully he gets some more PT next season. 

i am kinda excited getting these international guys that look athletic. May be more willing to listen to the staff and run a system. I agree that defensive menace sounds good 

30 minutes ago, Chet said:

I couldn’t find anything on him from Rivals or ESPN. Can someone share? 

I found this article from a summer tournament. I think being international he’s likely not on rivals or 247

https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/1278670

I do like hearing about his great defense. Also his coach on X said how hard he works and how much he has improved. Sounds like a decent 3 point shooter and realizes he needs to get stronger. Sounds like the kind of kid yoI want on your team.

7 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Could be a “diamond in the rough” or could be appropriately lightly recruited like all the freshmen this year

The article I posted had interest from Stonehill and Indiana St. Not sure if they extended offers or just interest 

17 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I found this article from a summer tournament. I think being international he’s likely not on rivals or 247

https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/1278670

I do like hearing about his great defense. Also his coach on X said how hard he works and how much he has improved. Sounds like a decent 3 point shooter and realizes he needs to get stronger. Sounds like the kind of kid yoI want on your team.

COBL as a site has been around for many years and is very well run by Josh Verlin. It is often my go to for Philly area hoops info and is also very reliable. They run prospect camps in the summer and have great coverage this time of the year for all the playoff HS and college conference tournament games going on. 

• 1 month later...