Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2020 schedule

HomeyG

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Probably by the end of the week.  They may be waiting on an ok from Albany (Department of Health) that UB will be allowed to play.

If Syracuse and Army can play, how could the keep Buffalo from playing in good conscious? Syracuse gets to go to the South where nobody cares about Covid and come back.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

If Syracuse and Army can play, how could the keep Buffalo from playing in good conscious? Syracuse gets to go to the South where nobody cares about Covid and come back.

The release from UB last week said they were awaiting an ok from the Department of Health.  They could say no to UB because any lawsuits would be against the state if something happened to a player.  The is no clear direct liability for the state if something happened to a Syracuse player.  As for Army, they are exempt from state regulation; something called the Constitution prevents New York from regulating Army.  Think back to high school (if you went on New York) and McColloch v. Maryland.

Siena has opted out of their early season tournament that has been moved to Orlando because of the 14 day quarantine required returning from Florida.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1310738080094134272

As of this morning Illinois and Indiana are on the quarantine list in New York.  If the schedule makers pay attention to that it would eliminate Northern Illinois and Ball State from the cross over game.  As of today neither Ohio nor Michigan on the list.  Not sure what Syracuse did after playing at North Carolina.

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

I certainly don’t think it’s going to hurt. The likelihood that these kids will be fine in a week and/or not show symptoms at all is high. Unless the team continues to slowly see more and more cases leading up to the start of their first game I’d make a guess that this will end up being a non issue. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UB05 said:

I certainly don’t think it’s going to hurt. The likelihood that these kids will be fine in a week and/or not show symptoms at all is high. Unless the team continues to slowly see more and more cases leading up to the start of their first game I’d make a guess that this will end up being a non issue. 

Don't be so quick to assume. Cuomo just slapped down the Bills request for a measly 7K fans for their next home game. NYS is being pretty strict.

• Sad 1

The BN had a small piece on football's upcoming season. The only new info I noticed was Leipold said had no players opting out at this time. We added 2 new transfers from FCS based on the updated roster: James Hook, a R-Fr punter from Wagner, and Mason Hoose, a local TE who started out at a JUCO in California, then ECC, then Jacksonville U, who they cut their program.