Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Who starts at quarterback?

Nonickname

I was all for KVT to start, but Lance liked Myers' tools, so I got that. When Kyle got in there 6 solids W's, 2 heartbreaking close loses, good game management and better accuracy than Myers, and 6 rushing TD's likely surprised us all...our back-up punter could run!?! And, no gimme games either like RMU. If it isn't KVT, I will judge it as emotion over logic, honestly.

2 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

I was all for KVT to start, but Lance liked Myers' tools, so I got that. When Kyle got in there 6 solids W's, 2 heartbreaking close loses, good game management and better accuracy than Myers, and 6 rushing TD's likely surprised us all...our back-up punter could run!?! And, no gimme games either like RMU. If it isn't KVT, I will judge it as emotion over logic, honestly.

I’m close friends with a couple of the guys on the team. They are even unsure who’s going to start. They did point out that Lance really likes Myers but is really impressed with vantrese. One of them even said Casey Case could make a run for the starting job, said his release was incredible and very accurate 

Last season I was rooting for Myers to start.  Figured he'd be a threat with his legs and arm.  This year I'd go with KVT.  He's more accurate and limits mistakes.  With the running game, they need a QB to NOT screw up and hit a few passes when called upon. 

I don't know anything about Case but he sounds promising after this 6-game sprint season.

2 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Last season I was rooting for Myers to start.  Figured he'd be a threat with his legs and arm.  This year I'd go with KVT.  He's more accurate and limits mistakes.  With the running game, they need a QB to NOT screw up and hit a few passes when called upon. 

I don't know anything about Case but he sounds promising after this 6-game sprint season.

You do realize that UB does not play sprint football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_football

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ChicagoBull said:

Surprised they are keeping this so much "under wraps."  Especially this season, I would want the #1's to be working together and be able to start strongly in sync.

Half hour before kickoff do we still not know? Incredible