Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

31 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Bowling Green fired Huger. Had 2 years left on his contract. Their best team ran into our 18-19 team. 

126-125 over 8 seasons and 1 MAC championship game appearance (‘18-19).  They must be a patient bunch out there to put up with that level of mediocrity over nearly a decade. And just imagine, 55 years since their last NCAA appearance 😂

First MAC player in the portal - Kevin 'Boopie' Miller - CMU sophomore G.  He entered portal last year but opted to stay.  He had a foot injury this year that limited him to 4 games.

https://www.cm-life.com/article/2023/03/d_kevinmillerenterstranfersportal_sports_030523

He put up 13 points as a freshman, shot 36% from three and averaged 4.6 assists per game.

10 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

First MAC player in the portal - Kevin 'Boopie' Miller - CMU sophomore G.  He entered portal last year but opted to stay.  He had a foot injury this year that limited him to 4 games.

https://www.cm-life.com/article/2023/03/d_kevinmillerenterstranfersportal_sports_030523

He put up 13 points as a freshman, shot 36% from three and averaged 4.6 assists per game.

Stays on scholarship, gets hurt and barely plays, takes the medical assistance I'm sure then bales. No thanks, he can go somewhere else. No respect for that whatsoever. 

53 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Toledo looked every bit like a 1 seed today.

They made it look easy scoring 90

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ball State showing exactly why we had to be the 5 seed in this tournament.

Ohio is underrated. They can beat anyone in the MAC. I wouldn’t be shocked if they upset Toledo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

They made it look easy scoring 90

Ohio is underrated. They can beat anyone in the MAC. I wouldn’t be shocked if they upset Toledo 

Freshman AJ Brown came off the bench to score 28, while he averaged 9.5 on the season and his previous high was 18.  Looks like a future MAC star to me, assuming he really likes it there and doesn’t start dreaming of a bigger stage somewhere else. 

On 3/3/2023 at 10:13 PM, Chet said:

Would have much preferred the other side of the MAC tournament bracket. The 5 seed Ohio certainly have a path through Ball State and Toledo who always chokes in Cleveland.

Ohio has a real chance to beat Toledo. Could've been the Bulls. 

19 hours ago, clodney said:

So far this is the worst MAC Tournament I've ever seen.

Agree. All blowouts and the fan attendance is disappointing. I believe the MAC signed an extension with Rocket Mortgage early in the year and can’t remember for how long?? They have to be taking a bath with the attendance and overall terrible games. Is it the cost for fans and overall excitement level or are older fans like us losing our excitement level due to what is happening at both the college and pro level. 

3 hours ago, John said:

Agree. All blowouts and the fan attendance is disappointing. I believe the MAC signed an extension with Rocket Mortgage early in the year and can’t remember for how long?? They have to be taking a bath with the attendance and overall terrible games. Is it the cost for fans and overall excitement level or are older fans like us losing our excitement level due to what is happening at both the college and pro level. 

Want to know a quick way to alienate fans? Have your Semis, Quarters, and Championship game all on separate TV networks... way to go, MAC. What an effing joke!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Ohio-Toledo turning into a really good game. One thing is evident, both of these teams as well as Kent/Akron are leagues above UB right now.  

Just heard an interesting tidbit on the halftime show. Second year in a row the semis are all Ohio schools. They are separating themselves from the bunch. Something to be fearful of for recruiting purposes. 

4 hours ago, John said:

Stands look decently packed tonight. I think it’s was because yesterday was mostly afternoon games on a Thursday. Of course having an all Ohio semi doesn’t hurt. I don’t mind the tournament in Cleveland. It’s the perfect travel situation. 

37 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Just heard an interesting tidbit on the halftime show. Second year in a row the semis are all Ohio schools. They are separating themselves from the bunch. Something to be fearful of for recruiting purposes. 

CBSSN does a good job with these MAC games, much better than ESPN imo.  Helps having a former MAC superstar in the studio with Wally Szczerbiak

Edited by Bluebird96
Spelling correction on Wally’s last name

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

CBSSN does a good job with these MAC games, much better than ESPN imo.  Helps having a former MAC superstar in the studio with Wally Szczerbiak

ESPN+ uses homer crews for games. Quality isn’t gonna be the best when you have a sideline reporter who is a second year broadcast major lol