Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

20 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Solid addition for Ohio. Looks like he might have two years of eligibility remaining since he only played in six games his junior year at Creighton.

Former Top 250 recruit and Nebraska Gatorade Player of the Year. Will be interesting to see where he fits in with the Bobcats guard rotation that returns Hunter/James/AJ Brown/M. Brown. Can sometimes be difficult projecting P5 backups transferring to the mid-major level.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

Not sure where to put this.  Probably not important enough for its own thread.  I participate in a trivia league and they are currently doing one day quizzes.  Today's category was 'College Sports Team Nicknames'.   Thought I would share a  question from today's contest.

Two FBS schools have team nicknames that are the plural of a different FBS school name (for instance, if Kansas was the Kansas Baylors or if Purdue was the Purdue Auburns). Name the full team name (school and nickname) of either one.

p.s. if there is interest I can post the other 11 questions in a new thread.

Edited by DocCas86

18 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Not sure where to put this.  Probably not important enough for its own thread.  I participate in a trivia league and they are currently doing one day quizzes.  Today's category was 'College Sports Team Nicknames'.   Thought I would share a  question from today's contest.

Two FBS schools have team nicknames that are the plural of a different FBS school name (for instance, if Kansas was the Kansas Baylors or if Purdue was the Purdue Auburns). Name the full team name (school and nickname) of either one.

Pretty cool idea, let's get a new thread!

32 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Well I definitely know one of them for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

I don't see any other news of a UB offer or even his commitment but apparently we offered a HS guard who just committed to Toledo. I assume it was an offer from the Halcovage regime because Tibbs and Presutti both follow Ford on Twitter

I guess Mr. Ford prefers to be runner up. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

In no order…Ohio, Toledo, Kent and Akron still sit atop as the top 4. 

Will be tough to crack the top 4 in year 1 of GH3. My expectation would be to get back over .500, more consistency, and not go winless vs those 4. Then year 2 shouldn’t be too much to expect 20+ wins and top 3 in the MAC. Not to get ahead of ourselves, let’s get the roster filled first 😂

8 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Ohio might be loaded, they haven't lost anything in the portal yet either if I recall correctly 

I agree Ohio will be good.  However, I believe Dwight Wilson,  and Devon Baker may have used up their eligibility.  I could be wrong.

Edited by DocCas86

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I agree Ohio will be good.  However, I believe Dwight Wilson,  and Devon Baker may have used up their eligibility.  I could be wrong.

Dwight Wilson will be a big loss for them. He was the Bobcats best player last year and a force in the post. Baker turned it on late but should be replaceable.

Ohio might have the best collection of guards in the MAC next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them utilize four guard lineups at times.

They return Jaylin Hunter, AJ Brown (former top 200 recruit), Elmore James, Miles Brown and just added Maryland transfer Ike Cornish (former 4-star, top 115 recruit) and Creighton transfer Shareef Mitchell (former 3-star, top 235 recruit).

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger