Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Christ Essandoko(C) - Class of 2022

DocCas86

• DocCas86 changed the title to Christ Essandoko(C) - Class of 2022

Not necessarily a bad sign that we're offering him after he's had a number of high major offers. it means the staff has connected with him and playing time + the Mballa connection could cause some smoke maybe leading to fire.

Even if he doesn't end up here, can anyone recall the more recent top 150 recruits we've even pursued? Jeenathan and who else?

2 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Not necessarily a bad sign that we're offering him after he's had a number of high major offers. it means the staff has connected with him and playing time + the Mballa connection could cause some smoke maybe leading to fire.

Even if he doesn't end up here, can anyone recall the more recent top 150 recruits we've even pursued? Jeenathan and who else?

https://247sports.com/college/buffalo/Season/2021-Basketball/Offers/

scroll through the years and you can see who we have offered, plenty of top 100 guys we have offered.

• Like 1

Besides the obvious mballa and French connection. This coaching staff has shown it can develop bigs. Its only a matter of time before a highly touted big comes here after seeing the development of a Perkins/mballa/skogman(hopefully this season) I don't think it would be crazy if he ended up a bull

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Besides the obvious mballa and French connection. This coaching staff has shown it can develop bigs. Its only a matter of time before a highly touted big comes here after seeing the development of a Perkins/mballa/skogman(hopefully this season) I don't think it would be crazy if he ended up a bull

And those guys are sometimes “projects” since many of these guys don’t have to develop skill in HS due to their dominant size. I think you are spot on with this group. If you want to learn how to play in the paint and rebound, there are few better places. You can throw Hardnett and Montel McRae in the mix too. Those guys made significant progress in the system.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MuchMany said:

I believe Segu was rated fairly high or near the top 150, was a 4 star according to ESPN

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Probably end up with Maryland. I see Danny Manning is recruiting him.

Maryland makes a lot of sense, they develop bigs well too.

Oral roberts stands out on that list to me

Also the majority of those teams play a more classic style of basketball so that could be where ub was not a fit in his opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Maryland makes a lot of sense, they develop bigs well too.

Oral roberts stands out on that list to me

Also the majority of those teams play a more classic style of basketball so that could be where ub was not a fit in his opinion 

We were also very late to offer, none of our coaches follow him on social media as well. We didn’t seem to recruit him heavily