Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB @ Michigan - Wed. 11/10/21

MuchMany

Just now, MuchMany said:

Michigan is obviously a step or two above us. But the shooting is going to be a worry until we see otherwise consistently. Not sure what you guys see in Jack's mechanics that makes you confident. I see weird spin, flat trajectory.

When he is set its good but if he is rushing its not. In my opinion

4 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

UB has a good looking team this year, but we are playing the #6 team in the country with championship expectations… let’s not be too surprised by this. Just trying to be realistic here

Yea they are #6 and to expect an upset is silly but outside of a few possessions this is terrible offensive basketball. Michigan defense isn’t doing anything special. Players look lost on offense and are rushing forced 3s. Michigan’s offense at the moment…can’t miss. 

8 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

UB has a good looking team this year, but we are playing the #6 team in the country with championship expectations… let’s not be too surprised by this. Just trying to be realistic here

Not trying to be contrarian but what about their performance tonight has looked good? 

So far there seems to be a lot of confusion on D on switches and particularly in the paint. We can’t seem to figure out what our defensive assignments are let alone attempting to defend them.

I can ignore bad shooting. I can’t ignore bad shot selection, losing players on switches and picks, and fouling three point shooters. 

Edited by BasketBull
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Yea they are #6 and to expect an upset is silly but outside of a few possessions this is terrible offensive basketball. Michigan defense isn’t doing anything special. Players look lost on offense and are rushing forced 3s. Michigan’s offense at the moment…can’t miss. 

They are better than this and I refuse to think otherwise. The game plan here, there hasn’t been one. They are better than this.

It doesn’t matter if Michigan is a top team. We’ve taken top teams to the wire with fvcking Reggie teams. This is an absolute joke. A flat UB squad that wasn’t prepared for this game at all. I don’t have high hopes for this season anymore. 

3 minutes ago, clodney said:

We look like garbage. Whitesell didn’t have this team prepared at all for this game and Juwan Howard is making him look like a fool. 

Well we are playing a national championship contender. Outside the horrific 3 point shooting I don’t think it’s that bad. Say we make even 30% of them and it’s a single digit deficit 

1 minute ago, mikescherrer8 said:

They are better than this and I refuse to think otherwise. The game plan here, there hasn’t been one. They are better than this.

I agree. We are better than this and should be better than this. I expect better than this. This is pathetic. When we play those two high school teams I don’t wanna see alley oops…I wanna see offensive sets being run. Over and over. Michigan is running a clinic on fundamental screens, cuts, high/low action. It’s a clinic

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

I agree. We are better than this and should be better than this. I expect better than this. This is pathetic. When we play those two high school teams I don’t wanna see alley oops…I wanna see offensive sets being run. Over and over. Michigan is running a clinic on fundamental screens, cuts, high/low action. It’s a clinic

Jim coaches the way Nate did, give the boys freedom and play good defense. Well, defensively they look bad, and every jump shoot has been off balance and sloppy. If we could get this game within 10, I take that as a victory at this point.

1 minute ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Jim coaches the way Nate did, give the boys freedom and play good defense. Well, defensively they look bad, and every jump shoot has been off balance and sloppy. If we could get this game within 10, I take that as a victory at this point.

I agree about strong defense leading to good offense but even Nate’s offense had sets. Some movement both player and ball wise. Remember all the extra passes that were made…right now this group gets a look at a 3 and jacks it up. No extra pass.