Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

12/29 - Miami (OH) at Buffalo - Gamethread

Kevin

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’m at a loss of words. Can’t blame Whitesell for this one. All the players. Just completely disappeared in the 2nd half. Wtf. 

Can’t blame Whitesell for this team being unprepared? Not sure why he doesn’t have the team practicing free throws? It’s a basic skill. Also they need to practice for 40 minute games, not 20.

2 minutes ago, Erie County said:

I can blame the head coach for the team not being prepared or playing an ounce of team defense.

How can Whitesell be blamed for this game? The team disappeared in the second half. Wouldn’t the blame by your logic fall on Thorpe? Who was on the sidelines. We dominated the first half after a rusty start. Look at the stats…everything went Miami’s way in the second half. It was a lack of effort on the court. Hustle, will to play defense. Execution of shooting FTs. Which I’m sure they practice. I’m not Whitesell’s biggest supporter….but let’s just call it how it is…the players sucked in that 2nd half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This team isn’t a team. It’s a group of selfish guys who lose interest in doing the things needed to win over the course of a game. Extremely disappointing. This season is falling off a cliff.

Agreed. Which is why I've never liked the collection of parts style of team building through transfers and JUCO. I know it's more and more the reality of CBB now, but cohesive classes feel much better than the mercenary stuff.

Speaking of which, I think Brewton is a big problem. From social media, body language, etc, I think he's a me-first guy who thinks he should be getting more shots/time/love. And he's unfortunately in a bit of a leadership position. He's the most impactful (negatively) in the lineage of Gabe Grants and Antwain Johnsons who think UB is a vehicle for them to use, not something to contribute to. Tell Foley to go find a great overlooked HS shooter in the midwestern sticks every two years and develop them. The recruiting shortcuts are not working.

1 for 17 3PT shooting from everyone outside the stars will never ever cut it. Hit 2-3 more of those when we're up 9 and we probably cruise to a win. Sucks we have no killer instinct.