Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ohio/Buffalo

UBinMD

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Let me list the excuses…1) it’s snowing 2) the Sabres are playing 3) bla bla bla…it’s pretty clear the community doesn’t care about this team. Just hope students do when they return.

FWIW: My wife and I had great season tix for 10 years. Went to almost every game. Then COVID hit…we are in our early 70s. We did not renew our season tickets, but not because of the play - and not because of Covid, or fear of slipping on ice while walking from the car to Alumni Arena. The reason we didn’t renew was because of the inane artificial noise during play stoppages. It’s obnoxious, relentless, and loud. It’s so loud that it was we couldn’t hear each other talk - unless the game was in progress. Think about that. It’s not just UB…I get it. I won’t even go to a Bisons game for the same reason. I’d rather bring a lawn chair to a local diamond to watch a ballgame. The marketers are driving people like us away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire17 said:

FWIW: My wife and I had great season tix for 10 years. Went to almost every game. Then COVID hit…we are in our early 70s. We did not renew our season tickets, but not because of the play - and not because of Covid, or fear of slipping on ice while walking from the car to Alumni Arena. The reason we didn’t renew was because of the inane artificial noise during play stoppages. It’s obnoxious, relentless, and loud. It’s so loud that it was we couldn’t hear each other talk - unless the game was in progress. Think about that. It’s not just UB…I get it. I won’t even go to a Bisons game for the same reason. I’d rather bring a lawn chair to a local diamond to watch a ballgame. The marketers are driving people like us away.

These venues all think they need fake hype because most people just look at their phones and don’t talk to each other anymore 

9 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Just to make it more clear: The UB band is great! They aren’t the problem. The PA and the DJ are at fault. Both are gross!

Completely agree. The DJ needs to go. I want a pure college atmosphere…band playing tunes and the fight song. Cheerleaders and step team doing their thing. The cheesy half court shot by a fan to win something. Not a DJ saying stupid things. The band can play the current music. It’s done on every other college campus.

• Like 2