Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB/NIU - Part I

UBinMD

Just now, skrabukes said:

Team is up at half, yet 90% negative posts. I'm not sure why the game is even played, our opponent is #299. We should just be given the win automatically.  It's like globetrotters vs generals. 

Didn’t the generals start winning a couple towards the end of the globetrotters glory days? 😂

4 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Call it what it is, we want to limit the 2022 Bull's bench. They will only go as far as the starting 5 take them.

Well I like the bench minutes tonight. Save the guys that will bring you to the dance

Now in cleveland limit the bench as much as possible. 

Is 7 or maybe 8 man rotation crazy? 

Just now, Bluebird96 said:

Ugly half but at least we had a strong finish. Rebounding starting to pick up. Shots will start falling in the 2nd!

Agreed, most shots were good and open, a few missed fouls on shots in the paint from what I saw. If they start falling at our normal rate, it should be a walkover. NIU could tire as well if we keep the pace up.

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Didn’t the generals start winning a couple towards the end of the globetrotters glory days? 😂

Yep, they showed the highlights of those. German at the buzzer and big guy rolling to the basket open for the layup, followed by the court rushing.

If the crowd rushed today, might have 200 people rushing based off the camera angles.

Globetrotters' kenpom took big hits on those losses!

Edited by skrabukes
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tee4three said:

Well I like the bench minutes tonight. Save the guys that will bring you to the dance

Syracuse made it to the NCAA plenty of times with 6 players 

8 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I keep saying this…it’s not a matter of depth it’s how Whitesell uses them and when. He has to be strategic about his bench usage bc the bench doesn’t score. Therefore he can’t have a lineup of 80% bench players on the floor at the same time. He has to rotate which staters stay on the floor and when. And strategically time it around the official timeouts. And also based on time and game flow. Example: if we are up…use the bench. If we are trailing we can’t afford to fall further behind. 

As for Cleveland, naturally you will see a tightening of the bench but that’s for every team. Ohio has like 2 dudes that come off the bench. It’s almost March…we are who we are. But you gotta strategically use the bench.

• Like 1

Didn't get to see much of the first (was busy acquiring KD and Lavine for Jaylen Brown and Des Bane in fantasy 🤑). Every time I looked up Skogman was doing something positive though. Jeenathan seems to have his crafty midrange/driving game going with both hands.

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

The first 14 minutes they were on a 45 pt pace!

The last 6 minutes a 140 pt pace!

(Been betting over/unders and tracking the pace a lot recently ha)

Live betting the adjusted overs after slumps is a very nice strategy.

Edited by MuchMany
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I keep saying this…it’s not a matter of depth it’s how Whitesell uses them and when. He has to be strategic about his bench usage bc the bench doesn’t score. Therefore he can’t have a lineup of 80% bench players on the floor at the same time. He has to rotate which staters stay on the floor and when. And strategically time it around the official timeouts. And also based on time and game flow. Example: if we are up…use the bench. If we are trailing we can’t afford to fall further behind. 

As for Cleveland, naturally you will see a tightening of the bench but that’s for every team. Ohio has like 2 dudes that come off the bench. It’s almost March…we are who we are. But you gotta strategically use the bench.

Ive been waiting for Whitehall to utilize tv time outs all season 

At least he has been using both jones and segu at times in the second half recently

4 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Didn't get to see much of the first (was busy acquiring KD and Lavine for Jaylen Brown and Des Bane in fantasy 🤑). Every time I looked up Skogman was doing something positive though. Jeenathan seems to have his crafty midrange/driving game going with both hands.

Live betting the adjusted overs after slumps is a very nice strategy.

Think skogman is really becoming a game changer

Noticed the past couple games guards have a little tentative driving when he is under the basket 

1 minute ago, Tee4three said:

Think skogman is really becoming a game changer

Noticed the past couple games guards have a little tentative driving when he is under the basket 

Agree. I know he's not likely not an NBA prospect, but he kind of looks like an NBA center out there against this competition when he's grabbing boards with strong hands above the rim and going straight up to big body opponents layups.

10 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I think they have been flying

But the amount of games is insane for a college team. Where they usually play 2 games a week 

Then throw in the oddity of playing the same team, in different locations in 2 days. Not a normal stretch of games for sure.