Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Toledo/UB

UBinMD

11 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

ESPN gives UB a 47.8% chance to win. Opening spread favors the Bulls by 2. I think we would all be pleased with that outcome. Go Bulls!

We are now slight favorite in percentage too at 53.7% (I am impressed that ESPN can get odds so precise 😆).  On paper this figures to be a great game.  Like you said, hoping for the win.

36 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

We are now slight favorite in percentage too at 53.7% (I am impressed that ESPN can get odds so precise 😆).  On paper this figures to be a great game.  Like you said, hoping for the win.

First matchup with Toledo was back and forth for the first 30 minutes and UB actually led 62-61 with 10:32 to go. Over the next 7:00 Toledo went on a 20-3 run.  Need to avoid those flat horizontal lines on the game flow this time around. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UBinMD said:

image.png.7bfe603b9a8a393a2f74af276f2feed8.png

that was a great month. Keep the momentum going into March!

Do agree. An exciting month and great overall stats and in some cases not jumping out to all fans. They continue to win in spite of having stretches in games that are not pretty. A sign of a team not going in panic or frustrating mode. A very exciting time for both our teams with Williams accolades and for the women both Fair and Woolley in the running for player of the year and freshman of the year. Hope to see the biggest crowds of the year for both teams. Go Bulls!!!

More bulletin board material for Whitesell:

- Despite winning 9 in a row, the coaches in the Midmajor Top 25 poll (which includes Toledo's Tod Kowalczyk) didn't think you were worthy of being in the top-25 midmajors in the country. You're currently "receiving votes" behind teams like Wagner (KP #141) and Bryant (KP #196)... 

- Kent State, who you beat by double digits and currently outrank by 20 spots in Kenpom, is actually #11 in that same midmajor poll.

- YOU have the best win in the entire conference this year (by a mile!) over North Texas and still nobody thinks you can compete with teams like Toledo, Ohio & Kent. You aren't mentioned as a possible MAC champ anywhere.

Edited by clodney
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, clodney said:

More bulletin board material for Whitesell:

- Despite winning 9 in a row, the coaches in the Midmajor Top 25 poll (which includes Toledo's Tod Kowalczyk) didn't think you were worthy of being in the top-25 midmajors in the country. You're currently "receiving votes" behind teams like Wagner (KP #141) and Bryant (KP #196)... 

- Kent State, who you beat by double digits and currently outrank by 20 spots in Kenpom, is actually #11 in that same midmajor poll.

- YOU have the best win in the entire conference this year (by a mile!) over North Texas and still nobody thinks you can compete with teams like Toledo, Ohio & Kent. You aren't mentioned as a possible MAC champ anywhere.

Time to go out and prove them all wrong! 

6 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Im not expecting a sellout but it should be a solid crowd. 4,500-5,000 would be my minimum expectation.

Take a wild guess what kind of article or write up in the buffalo news today about UB!!! None, Nota, zip!!! Time to start calling the news again and listen to their reasons. Venting frustration every once in awhile sometimes is good for the soul. Go Bulls!!!

Let's freaking go. Excited but definitely nervous - it's officially March and it feels like it.

Agree that it will likely be a vocal 4-5k at Alumni. Although I have heard from a few friends going tonight who usually only attend when I bring them, so maybe we'll have a better than expected turnout.

It's going to be an emotional senior night (for me at least). Rondo and Jeenathan represent the last of the Oats years and their careers here have unfortunately been greatly impacted by two years of covid. A tumultuous four years for them, the program, and all of us. I know we all want them to find some magic in these last couple weeks so badly. Might have to bring out the old work shirt tonight to help summon it. Go UB.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Im not expecting a sellout but it should be a solid crowd. 4,500-5,000 would be my minimum expectation.

Just be loud. Give us that college atmosphere. The band playing. The cheerleaders and dazzlers. Are the dazzlers still a thing? Sea of blue. Mighty maniacs. Man take me back. Lol

4 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Just be loud. Give us that college atmosphere. The band playing. The cheerleaders and dazzlers. Are the dazzlers still a thing? Sea of blue. Mighty maniacs. Man take me back. Lol

We need Paul Peck working the crowd like he did when I was in college!

4 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Sell it out, but don't over sell like they did a few games a couple of years ago.  That was a cluster F#@&

This would have been a good opportunity to donate 500-1,000 tickets to some local high school teams, etc. to fill it up and bring energy.

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Oh Yah!! Memories the last few years with packed arenas with students in both ends and standing room only!!  Big games against the top teams should bring out the crowd enthusiasm. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

This is the first real opportunity for a lively home crowd since before COVID. Big-time opponent with something on the line on a night honoring the Bulls senior class. There’s no excuse for it not being a great atmosphere tonight. Kent State and Ohio were before students came back and we didn’t get to host Akron this year. Those all hurt the overall vibe at Alumni Arena but tonight should be different.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger