Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Toledo/UB

UBinMD

3 minutes ago, clodney said:

Skogman is still the best player on this team and for some reason he has been on the bench.

I wonder if this has anything to do with his medical condition. Not a full on minutes restriction but something the staff monitors game to game. Especially if it’s a physical game or a running game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dabulls said:

Recruiting stars ️ don’t matter in the long run. Definitely not the most talented team in the MAC

Also…once you’re in your senior year I think we can stop talking about recruiting stars. Coming into this year we all knew what this team was. We were just hoping it would all click. 

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

Also…once you’re in your senior year I think we can stop talking about recruiting stars. Coming into this year we all knew what this team was. We were just hoping it would all click. 

Yes sir. I think stars are a freshman year thing to rank how good your class is.

• Like 1

Frustrating. They're hitting challenged shots and plenty of wide open shots. Toledo is a strong team no doubt. We don't have the guards. Rondo doesn't get enough help from Brewton and Jones. Mid-major ball is dominated by guards and Toledo just has more horses than us. Hoping for a decent run here to put some game pressure on them and claw back in it.

• Like 1

What is there left to say? The same people are underperforming. Our shooting guards, who we know are terrible on-ball defenders but supposedly make it up in shooting% are once again 0-6. The defense against penetrating guards is an utter joke. Rollins is blowing by his man every time. It's one thing to just hit a hot shooting team, it's another thing to give up easy ass shots that a CYO team could hit.

It feels like every time this team gets pumped up for a game they are 100% focused on outscoring the other team. They push too hard, end up turning the ball over, and then they overcommit and don't get back on defense. The key to the Nate Oats teams was that they focused that intensity into defense instead of offense. I am not saying we need to fire Whitesell but for the love of God it feels like the strategy with these kids is just completely wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clodney said:

What is there left to say? The same people are underperforming. Our shooting guards, who we know are terrible on-ball defenders but supposedly make it up in shooting% are once again 0-6. The defense against penetrating guards is an utter joke. Rollins is blowing by his man every time. It's one thing to just hit a hot shooting team, it's another thing to give up easy ass shots that a CYO team could hit.

It feels like every time this team gets pumped up for a game they are 100% focused on outscoring the other team. They push too hard, end up turning the ball over, and then they overcommit and don't get back on defense. The key to the Nate Oats teams was that they focused that intensity into defense instead of offense. I am not saying we need to fire Whitesell but for the love of God it feels like the strategy with these kids is just completely wrong.

Players have to make shots. I mean what does strategy have to do with Mballa being totally incapable of scoring in the paint?

• Like 1

This game is over. Not being a negative poster. It just is. Toledo is just having one of those nights where they can’t miss. It is what it is. This was a complete clunker. Let it happen now. Hopefully the team takes it to heart and mind that they got their asses beat. I don’t wanna see this type of effort next week. 

• Like 1

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

This game is over. Not being a negative poster. It just is. Toledo is just having one of those nights where they can’t miss. It is what it is. This was a complete clunker. Let it happen now. Hopefully the team takes it to heart and mind that they got their asses beat. I don’t wanna see this type of effort next week. 

We'll see them again in Cleveland. I'd rather they take this game, as long as it means we take the game that counts.

1 minute ago, promotherobot said:

Players have to make shots. I mean what does strategy have to do with Mballa being totally incapable of scoring in the paint?

I would tell him to stop shooting the ball unless he has the most open, simply layup of all time. "No matter what you kick that thing out to someone else. Your job is to get rebounds. End of story."