Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jeenathan Williams

2 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

I know nothing about the NBA. 

How good is this for his chances to be on an actual NBA roster for the long term?

I don't know much either, other than the Blazers are tanking and seem to be giving young guys some minutes. It looks like he should have an opportunity to prove himself over the final stretch.

1 minute ago, everlast2504 said:

I know nothing about the NBA. 

How good is this for his chances to be on an actual NBA roster for the long term?

IMO the most likely scenario is he finishes the season with the Blazers (who are tanking) then they waive him because the second year is non-guaranteed. That said, he profiles as a 3 and D wing and NBA teams are always looking for someone to fill that role on the cheap. While he's playing with G-Leaguers on a tanking team, they beat a playoff team in his first game and gave another playoff team a run for their money in game 2. He is playing against legitimate NBA players and he's been active on defense with the 3 steals and 2 blocks (I also thought he had a block in the first game that he's not credited for). He's only 1-4 from 3, but he shot over 40% from 3 in the G League. Basically he's a 24 year old undrafted rookie, I don't think any team is going to commit much to develop him, but he's getting his shot to be somebody's cheap roster filler next year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

IMO the most likely scenario is he finishes the season with the Blazers (who are tanking) then they waive him because the second year is non-guaranteed. That said, he profiles as a 3 and D wing and NBA teams are always looking for someone to fill that role on the cheap. While he's playing with G-Leaguers on a tanking team, they beat a playoff team in his first game and gave another playoff team a run for their money in game 2. He is playing against legitimate NBA players and he's been active on defense with the 3 steals and 2 blocks (I also thought he had a block in the first game that he's not credited for). He's only 1-4 from 3, but he shot over 40% from 3 in the G League. Basically he's a 24 year old undrafted rookie, I don't think any team is going to commit much to develop him, but he's getting his shot to be somebody's cheap roster filler next year.

Thank you 

45 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

7-8 shooting for 14pta, 5 rebounds. Plus they are winning

Tough loss by 2 pts. But solid stat line with 16 pts on 8/10 plus 4 assists & 4 boards. Pretty solid start to his career thru 3 games, shooting 13/22 (59%) and 9.0 ppg.  Making the highlight reels too. Go Nate! 🤘

• Like 1

Another start and another solid game for Jeenathan today as the Blazers lost. Shot 4/5 including 1/1 from 3 for 9 pts in 21 minutes. Shooting 17/27 (63%) in his 4 games with 9.0 ppg. Final game tomorrow vs Golden State, let’s see if he can go for 14+ and get that scoring average into double digits.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Another start and another solid game for Jeenathan today as the Blazers lost. Shot 4/5 including 1/1 from 3 for 9 pts in 21 minutes. Shooting 17/27 (63%) in his 4 games with 9.0 ppg. Final game tomorrow vs Golden State, let’s see if he can go for 14+ and get that scoring average into double digits.

He got to play against the likes of Kawhi Leonard and Russell Westbrook tonight. Very cool.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, capencaper said:

Only fear is that they brought in Nate to be a tank commander at the end of last season and don't actually think he's legit.

No matter, he performed well in his opportunity. Hope he catches on an NBA roster and continues to develop.