Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Jeenathan Williams

7 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Besides, Sam Pellom, of course.

Sam Pellom was out of the NBA before our current coaches for football, men's basketball, and women's basketball were born. It's nice that we have a NBA alum, but I think @DooleyBull06 was talking about a NBA break through:

• In our D1 history
  • In our MAC history
  • Younger than 70 years old

At this point talking about Pellom's NBA career is like Bona fans talking about their National (Invitational Tournament) Championship and Final Four. Cool that it happened but you can't use it for recruiting.

1 minute ago, rma said:

Sam Pellom was out of the NBA before our current coaches for football, men's basketball, and women's basketball were born. It's nice that we have a NBA alum, but I think @DooleyBull06 was talking about a NBA break through:

• In our D1 history
  • In our MAC history
  • Younger than 70 years old

At this point talking about Pellom's NBA career is like Bona fans talking about their National (Invitational Tournament) Championship and Final Four. Cool that it happened but you can't use it for recruiting.

Pellom played Division I for UB.

I’m well aware of Sam Pellom. But I was more just saying break for this modern era. Pellom was done in the NBA before I was born. No offense meant to the older generation we have on the board. But the one thing lacking while we had our recent success was pushing through a player that made it to the NBA. Hopefully Williams gets a few buckets and announcers mention UB. That’s all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, capencaper said:

Think he'll see any minutes this season? 

I do. They're tanking 2015 Sabres-style, so there are plenty of minutes available. NBA contracts are so complex so it's hard to tell, but a two-year deal must mean he'll at least have a chance to compete at training camp. 

I'm wrapping up a fantasy NBA title today and was really hoping to use my last pick-up of the week to add Jeenathan to my roster as a cherry on top. But ESPN hasn't added him to the database yet.

44 minutes ago, capencaper said:

Think he'll see any minutes this season? 

Like others said they’re tanking and the season is nearly over so likely yes. I will buy a Blazers Jeenathan Williams jersey if he plays even one second if that incentivizes them at all lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’m well aware of Sam Pellom. But I was more just saying break for this modern era. Pellom was done in the NBA before I was born. No offense meant to the older generation we have on the board. But the one thing lacking while we had our recent success was pushing through a player that made it to the NBA. Hopefully Williams gets a few buckets and announcers mention UB. That’s all.

There was also CJ Massinburg with the Nets.  Ok, it was only preseason.  But he was sitting next to Kevin Durant on the baseline, as there were not enough chairs on the regular bench that night.

IMG_20191018_1932013.thumb.jpg.d8901a672823008716803aced7518886.jpg

Edited by BrooklynBull

5 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Wonder if this gets Jeenathan’s jersey retired at Alumni? Second UB player to make the NBA, highest rated recruit and all around great player. He’s making Buffalo and his hometown/city of Rochester proud 

11 could be retired three times now!